“THE best place on earth.”

The Ranch at Rock Creek
“THE best place on earth.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

It's hard to say something about the ranch that has not already been said in the glowing reviews below. This is truly the best place on earth, and we have lived overseas twice and travelled a stack in between. The landscape is breathtaking. The food was so fricking good. The activities were hugely fun. But above all else, it's the staff that make this place above and beyond anything you've ever experienced. It's like they took the nicest people in America, and gave them jobs here.

We arrived shortly before Christmas as part of a large family group for our first "White Christmas". Upon arrival to our rooms, we found a Christmas tree with all the decorations waiting to be adorned, much to the excitement of our small children. From that moment on, the ranch felt like home. In fact, there was several times we'd leave shoes drying by the fireplace in the Great Room, forgetting it wasn't our own living room.

Each member of our group participated in the many activities on offer and each was thanked by the staff on conclusion. They were just so happy to be experiencing it with us. Nothing on earth was too hard. Everything was met with smile and there seemed genuine excitement when we extended our stay as we couldn't bear to leave.

Highlights of our trip included the best massages on earth, Christmas dinner that will now be the bar for all future meals, snowmobiling in the dumping snow and fireworks by the camp fire on New Year's Eve.

I can not recommend this place any higher. Really, I tried and I can't. Go there. You will DIE with happiness.

Room Tip: Like the review below, we stayed in the lodge with adjoining rooms for our small children. Perfects...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BeckCatt
Jeffrey T, Front Office Manager at The Ranch at Rock Creek, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this special review. There was never a dull moment around The Ranch with you and your family staying with us! Our crew members still reminisce about the fun we all had with your family – especially watching your little ones enjoy a white Christmas for the first time. And, you are correct, we were thrilled that you all decided to forego another leg of your vacation to extend your stay with us. Thank you again for sending us the adorable photos of your family enjoying The Ranch. We are all anxiously awaiting your return and will have the “Bear Traps” and champagne ready when you do!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We were lucky enough to spend Christmas at the ranch. It was our first time and had read all the reviews and had some high expectations.
From the moment we we're collected from the airport til we we're given lunch packs to take away with us on our last day, our expectations were exceeded time and time again.
Nothing and I mean nothing was to hard or unrealistic in terms of any requests. I had misplaced a personal item and asked if I ordered it online would it arrive before we leave, knowing its in the middle of nowhere, they asked for specifics and said "leave it with me" by lunchtime the next day, they had gone to the closest town with a mall and sourced it for me. Wow!!!!!
The meals were amazing. My first experience with a traditional American Christmas dinner was stunning.
All the staff are fantastic, always making sure we were ok and comfortable. Our happiness is truly what they want for us during the stay.
We loved it so much we requested to extend our stay an additional 5 days, the team reworked it so we didn't have to move rooms, which was awesome as we had 3 kids to pack and move.
I cannot rave about his place enough. I will compare all future accommodation to this and know that nothing will come close. Photos do not do this place justices. You cannot capture the charm, the personalities and the friendliness of the people through online feedback.
I will talk about the Ranch at Rock Creek forever. I would go back there in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We strayed in the rooms connected to the main house as we had a young children, this enable us to se...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Loumartin16
It was our pleasure to have you and your family for the holidays and it was such a treat to have you extend your stay after getting a taste of The Ranch. It seems you enjoyed your adventures with us as much as we enjoyed having you all. We look forward to your return to The States and hope we can be a part of it again. Happy Trails!
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

There are no words for this place. The tranquil environment, amazing staff, delicious food, numerous activities and the accommodations that have so much personality, and comfort. I would move in, if it were only possible!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Redding, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Our stay at the Ranch was magical! Set in beautiful mountains, we rode horses everyday, shot guns and went fly fishing. The staff was very friendly and helpful and were all very interested that we had the best experience possible. The main lodge is beautifully decorated with an eye for every detail. The food was excellent and varied and tried to use as many local delicacies as possible. Our cabin was cozy and also beautifully decorated. We would definitely return and are telling all our friends.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank james a
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

My Husband and I are not big on writing reviews but after our trip to the Ranch it was fun reading other peoples feedback and we both had to agree with every ones positive, well stated and descriptive reviews as they are all very true. We can only follow up by agreeing that this is the most breath taking scenery, truly accommodating staff, fun outdoor activities, unbelievable food, beautifully decorated dinning room, lobby, saloon with bowling alley and theatre, family entertaining great room and the private rooms are gorgeous as well, a relaxing atmosphere that really makes you want to stay forever. We've been trying to describe our experience at the Ranch to friends and family but its like seeing pictures, its just not the same as being there. We feel so fortunate to have had this experience and would definitely recommend it to anyone. The only change we could think of making next time would be to experience the Ranch in the winter as we can just imagine the beauty of the snow covered hills and all the fun winter activities being offered. I honestly can't say it enough that this really is the perfect getaway.

Room Tip: Although bikes are issued to everyone and the staff are more than willing to give you a ride to your...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

We spent a week at the Ranch as a family of five. The people were so friendly and helpful, the food was excellent, there was so much to do (and too little time to do it all), the accommodation was spacious clean and comfortable, the setting amazing. I liked the system where everything was included in the price, so no constant signing of bills, which just reminds one how much the holiday is costing. I had to cut all sorts of deals to get the rest of the family to come along, now they know they owe me!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sg27hx
Rye, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

My family just left a week at the ranch (my husband and I and our 11 year old daughter and 13 year old son). Every review raves about the food (it is incredible), the facilities (they are beautiful and no photo yet does them justice...as pretty as things look they are even better in person) and the staff for a reason. This place is truly exceptional. One person was nicer than the next. Without fail, they were kind, helpful, knowledgable and wanted to imbue their love for Montana, fishing, riding, etc...to their guests. The Ranch is so well run. The commitment from the owner and the managers to deliver a memorable experience is evident from the moment you are greeted.

We tried everything from riding, to archery, rifles, fly fishing, etc...Every activity and every single guide or wrangler was wonderful. They really go above and beyond to make your experience unique. The Activities Director and his staff do everything they can to encourage you to try it all and make sure you enjoy it.

The last night we were there I got the kids out of bed and we all went outside and just lied down and stared up at the stars. You have never seen stars like the ones in Montana! When we finally went inside my 13 year old hugged me and said "Thanks Mom. I'll never forget tonight or this trip." My daughter typed the title for this review and my husband thanked me for planning what he felt was the best family vacation of his life. So, thank you Ranch at Rock Creek. It was a magical week and we are deeply appreciative.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Been to The Ranch at Rock Creek? Share your experiences!