First of all, a big thank you from 3 London girls! We had such a fantastic time.
A couple of friends and I went up to the ranch for a few days. It was my first time in Montana and my first time on a ranch, so I was a bit apprehensive, especially given the cost. It was absolute perfection. Everything from the scenery to the staff was spot on. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. We all stayed in the one of the larger canvas cabins, which looked like it could have been the set of a Ralph Lauren photo shoot. It was beautifully rustic, but with all the modern conveniences. I especially loved the two fireplaces that controlled the heating.
The staff could not have done enough to help us. Everyone was so polite and friendly (in a truly genuine way). They all took a genuine interests in the guests, and they have interesting life stories themselves. The head chef also deserves a special mention, because the food was delicious. The food alone is a reason to come to the ranch, although there are many other amazing things as well. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were absolutely perfect.
The activities were well organised and so much fun. I was a beginner at riding, but the lovely cowgirls took incredible care of me, and I felt very comfortable and safe. Everything is done with so much attention to detail and above all with the guests in mind. We also managed to be there for a Rodeo, which was really good fun. We joined the cowboys and girls for a little meal and music and dancing around the fireplace afterwards.
I'd always considered myself to be much more of a city or beach holiday girl, but I cannot wait to get back. I'll have to save my pennies, because it's not cheap, but of any place I've been (and I've been to a lot), I can honestly say this is worth it.
There was so much to do and so many wonderful parts of the holiday, this review hasn't done it justice, all I can say is go and see it for yourself, you will not regret it.
Keep up the good work!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In rugged Montana ranch land southeast of Missoula, lies The Ranch at Rock Creek-a guest ranch that brings together wide open spaces and upscale amenities like never before. Located on over 10 square miles of lush hay meadows and rolling foothills set off by distant snow-capped peaks, this stunning destination delivers a classic ranch experience in a setting far from the clamor of the big city. Families, couples and friends will discover that The Ranch at Rock Creek is a place that offers the feel of the 'true West' without sacrificing true comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your The Ranch at Rock Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ranch At Rock Creek Hotel Philipsburg
- The Ranch At Rock Creek Montana/Philipsburg