All reviews horseback riding the main lodge rock creek fly fishing sporting clays top notch silver dollar saloon bowling alley five star ropes course chef josh every meal world class attention to detail clay shooting natural beauty all ages
Reviewed 13 June 2017

The Ranch at Rock Creek is a place you absolutely must visit. I loved the ranch so much that this was my second visit. I was incredibly impressed with the dining, the activities, the staff and the accommodations. It all starts with the staff making you feel welcome- they truly think of everything to make your trip special and to make you feel comfortable every step of the way. The dining is incredible- I particularly enjoyed the tasting menu and wines on this visit along with some creative, ranch inspired takes on some classic dishes- my favorite ranch adaptation on this trip was country fried elk. The cocktails and local Montana beers were perfect after a day of fun activities on the beautiful and expansive ranch property. On this trip, I was able to take advantage of the world class fly fishing on Rock Creek and some nearby waters- the guides are incredibly attentive and helped me enjoy and improve my fishing. The guides are very keen on the current patterns that the fish are responding to, as well as the conditions of the river and all the waterways nearby. Those insights and local knowledge helped me to catch some magnificent brown trout, rainbows and cutthroat trout. On this second trip I was also able to discover some new activities as well! The single track mountain biking trail was incredibly fun! The course is extremely adaptive- it allowed me to take my time at what I would consider a very slow and safe pace and as I gained familiarity I was able to take advantage of some of the courses more challenging options- such as the parts of the trail that have optional log rides, bridges, berms and table tops. That course is truly welcoming for all skill levels with options along the way to make it an enjoyable ride for someone new to mountain biking or for an expert rider. I was surprised to learn how much of the ranch was left for me to discover on this second visit- I've been to the ranch in the fall and now in the spring/early summer and can tell you that all the seasons I've seen are absolutely beautiful.
In short, all the items that the ranch offers- the activities, the dining, the staff, and all the great people you meet equate to a truly incredible experience. For me that experience was so strong that I came back for a second visit, and was for a second time rewarded with memories I will cherish forever!
A big thank you to the ranch for playing host to such a wonderful experience!

1  Thank s834243
Manpreet S, Assistant General Manager at The Ranch at Rock Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thank you for returning to The Ranch for a second visit. We appreciate you taking the time to share your insights about your culinary, fly fishing and mountain biking experiences. Congratulations on your fishing success! Since The Ranch is open during every season, our guests have the opportunity to explore all kinds of seasonal outdoor activities, special ranch dining events and celebrations. We are thrilled that we could share more than one stunning Montana season with you and are so glad you enjoyed your stay again. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. We hope you will think about returning in the winter, when you may enjoy outdoor activities like snowmobiling, snowshoeing, skating and downhill skiing at nearby Discovery Ski Area and more.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Between the breathtaking scenery, impeccably prepared food, world-class fly fishing, and warm community, the Ranch at Rock Creek is the perfect place to get in touch with nature in style. The staff went way above and way beyond taking care of my and my group. We were able to fish with high intensity all day and night because every last detail was taken care of. I can't recommend a stay highly enough. Thank you!

1  Thank Daniel P

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you and your group were able to immerse yourselves in nature while enjoying our fine amenities and services. It’s hard to beat the Blue Ribbon fly fishing on our beloved Rock Creek. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

We had lofty expectations for Ranch at Rock Creek because it's a Relais et Chateau property, and they exceed it in all respects. Impeccable food & wine (inclusive but top tier wines). Decorator cabins. Most of all, the staff was incredibly attentive. All in all, a 12 on a scale of 10.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your meaningful accolade. We are honored to be placed at the top of your list! As a proud member of the Relais & Châteaux, The Ranch is dedicated to meeting the association's high standards in culinary excellence. Our dedicated staff is pleased that your stay exceeded your expectations. We hope to welcome you back to The Ranch again soon. Perhaps you would like to join us as we celebrate Montana's autumn seasonal bounty with delectable culinary experiences and outdoor adventures.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

First the service was beyond top notch and the setting is absolutely amazing. Heaven on Earth !! The activities are incredible, we did horseback riding, pistol range and spa. The food is top notch, every meal was a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Scott W
Manpreet S, Assistant General Manager at The Ranch at Rock Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your experience at The Ranch. Thank you for your kind words about our service, culinary experiences, guided activities and our award-winning Granite Spa. Our guests enjoy getting out and experiencing as much of The Ranch as possible. We are happy you enjoyed activities under Montana’s big sky, recharged in the spa and savored the delicious food. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

The Ranch exceeded our expectations in every way. The food, service, activities, and atmosphere were off the charts. If you are in the process of choosing a western ranch type vacation, I wouldn't pass up the chance to visit Rock Creek. Book it now!

Room Tip: The Bluebird cabin was excellent
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Relais & Chateaux

Thank you for your comments about your overall experience at The Ranch. We are so happy we exceeded your expectations in every way. It is our honor to share Montana’s outdoor adventures, culinary bounty and spectacular natural beauty with our guests. We appreciate your vote of confidence. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Ranch again soon and hope you can experience a different season on Rock Creek.