“BEST VACATION OF OUR LIFES”

The Ranch at Rock Creek
Miami Beach, Florida
“BEST VACATION OF OUR LIFES”
Reviewed 12 January 2011

My family spent a amazing few weeks enjoying The Ranch At Rock Creek. So many activiities were offered! We learned how to ice fish,ice skate {they have a private rink},ski,every out door winter sport you can imagine! The staff treated us like family. Chief Josh is beyond talented, fresh all organic food, grass feed beef. Even though we stayed on our normal diet of mostly raw foods,only organic. Josh was able to delight and surprise us ever meal. Truely no expense is spared at this Ranch. The attention to detail in design is impressive. We cant wait to return!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Just after Christmas, our family made a quick visit to The Ranch at Rock Creek -- what a great way to wind down after the frenzy of getting ready for the 'holidays.' With a light snow falling, we enjoyed plenty of quiet time (my husband and I) while our two daughters immediately became friends with several other girls there, and they played together non-stop. We all enjoyed ice skating on the picturesque, christmas-light-ringed pond, and although a sudden snow squall kept the cross-country ski outing brief, it made the hot cocoa after that much more welcome.

Chef Josh prepares truly outstanding food (and we have experienced many great restaurants around the country), and Hank, Tony, Shannon, Theo, really the whole staff is a delight. We didn't spend a lot of time in our room, we'd rather be doing things, but the rooms were plenty spacious and comfortable.

Overall we would highly recommend the ranch as a peaceful and luxurious way to end the new year!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Travel122610
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 6 January 2011

You know that feeling when you were a kid and the world was full of nothing but wonder and excitement and all of your earthly needs were attended to, alleviating all stress and worry, leaving only the desire to explore and play where adventure awaited with every new discovery?
Well, I felt that way again and regained my innocence again at The Ranch at Rock Creek. The setting is rustic and removed, but first class in every way. The accommodations in the lodge are spacious and homey with big, inviting beds coved in thick goose down comforters and pillows. When we first arrived I wanted to go down to the western style bar for a cocktail, but literally could not pull myself out of the comfort of the bed. My wife and four year old daughter slept in the adjoining bed that night and I woke up still dressed on top of the covers.
In the morning the breakfast was excellent and the excitement about the impending adventures was shared with the other guests offering up “can you believe this place?” and “have you ridden horses to The Top of the World yet?” After the delicious blueberry, buttermilk flapjacks with eggs and real maple syrup, we made our way down to the fishing “shack” and horse corrals which gave us a clear view of the endless mountains and valley broken by a jagged and wandering river. We also saw the remote, more private, canvas cabins that looked worthy of a try next time. My daughter and her mother picked out horses to ride and I teamed up with a fishing guide and picked out top shelf equipment and chose a locker which was mine for the duration of my stay.
The reality of the trip outstripped the fantasy when I caught a 21 inch native, Western Slope, Cut Throat, easily the largest I had ever seen, on a streamer just below a picturesque, small, waterfall. Upon returning and seeing the joy on my little girl’s face while holding onto the saddle horn returning from her horseback ride solidified the feeling that could be one of the best times of my life, in one of the best places on earth. I could write a whole article about the experience, and damn near did looking at the length of this, but suffice it to say that The Ranch at Rock Creek will provide relaxation, first rate accommodations and staff, fantastic food and wine list, unique experiences, activities and fishing, but more, it will allow you to catch the most allusive thing of all, your own pure, unadulterated, happiness.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I really enjoy good, wholesome outdoor activities, which is often not easy to find, especially if you live in a city environment. From clay pigeon shooting to horseback riding around the vast open country side, The Ranch at Rock Creek provides for a good venue for one to indulge in some truly exciting activities. The cabins are comfortable, staff well mannered and helpful, and most importantly for me the food is excellent. The chef is thoughtful about his menu, which changes daily, and uses a wide range of locally produced ingredients. For evening activities, despite being quite far from the city, you can still enjoy a night out at the saloon by playing pool, bowling, and singing until the cows comes home. However, the karaoke system does have some room for improvement

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 24 October 2010

The Ranch at Rock Creek has something for everyone and if you love the outdoors and being pampered this is the place to go! Never having been to Montana or a ranch my husband and two daughters, 19 and 22, decided to go to the ranch since we had heard wonderful things about this place and it was just amazing!! Not only was it gorgeous country but the accommodations were top notch, and we were treated so special. The setup at the ranch is incredible and it offers just about anything and everything. My husband and I stayed in a tent on the river (if that is what you want to call it) and our children opted for one of the rooms in the main building. Let me just say the attention to detail, the comfort and the beauty are excellent. The knowledge and service of the staff are very welcoming and professional. If you like to horseback ride, fish, hike; hunt, shoot, etc. they have everything you need to do it all. There is a spa and a pool to relax. We loved going to the Cook house for our delicous meals to discuss what we were going to do for the day and especially for dinner to share stories of what we did for the day. It didn't end there, with a Saloon that offers pool, bowling, a movie theater, and a bar with saddle stools we continued the fun. We also heard the winter months offer great skiing, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, ice skating, snow shoeing and more...
If you want to experience a ranch in the wild west with no expense spared you can't miss at The Ranch at Rock Creek!

Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 24 September 2010

My son and I went to The Ranch at Rock Creek this summer to meet up with friends for a four day trip. Pictures we had looked at of the Ranch on the Website were nice and we were not disappointed. The Ranch exceeded every expectation, set in a wide green valley with a beautiful stream running through it and surrounded by rolling hills and mountains. It's big (I think I was told the Ranch is about 6500 hundred acres) and we got to see just about all of it, hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking, fly fishing and sadly some of it in a Jeep because we just ran out of time with so much to see and do.
We stayed in a tent or something like a tent, it had a canvas top and sides, but also wood floors, electricity, bathroom facilities, heat, queen size beds and a big covered porch overlooking Rock Creek. One night got pretty stormy, strong winds and heavy rain. It was great; I don't think I have ever felt more comfortable, lying in a big warm bed, feeling like i was right out in the storm. My kind of camping! Each morning I would get up to see the sun rise; it was just something you didn't want to miss. Coffee and muffins were out early in the lodge, breakfast was served later.
Our group 4 guys (40's-50's), 3boys(9-12) would plan our day during breakfast. Our days were full of activities. One day we went horseback riding up into the hills to a small lake where we tied our horses up to some trees like cowboys and went fishing. The lake was full of rainbow trout and it wasn't long before all of us were reeling in fish. We rode back down to the lodge and had a great BBQ lunch outside by a campfire. After lunch we went mountain bike riding. The staff fitted us with bikes, helmets, etc and then drove us up to about the highest point on the Ranch. (Just the drive up was worth it) Our bikes were waiting for us. The ride down was great, past beaver ponds, through pastures and valleys. We stopped at a couple fo overlooks and the views of the ranch and surrounding mountains were unbelievable. In one valley we spotted an elk scampering up the side of a mountain. When we got down to the bottom it was still a a couple of hours to dinner so we went over to the gun range and went skeet shooting. After a delicious dinner we went over to the pub/bowling alley/movie theater where the boys had us bowl til our arms were about to fall off. Putting my nine year old son into bed that night he told me
'Dad, that was the most prefect day of my life'.
That was pretty much how our days went at the ranch, learning fly fishing in Rock Creek, hiking up to an old abandoned gold mine one day (none of us brave enough to go in), paint ball war up in the hills another day. It was a blast!!! We did pretty well for some guys who I guarantee hadn't been on a horse or shot a gun in over 25 years, if ever.
The staff at the Ranch was friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. They were patience and good with the kids. We had one if not two staff people who were very experienced with each activity.
Accommodations are first rate, what you would expect at a top end resort, the decor very well done and authentic.
The meals were excellent, fresh and prepared to detail, they obviously have a talented chef. The wine with dinner was always good. The bars were fully stocked, beer cold, great atmosphere to relax and enjoy yourself.
My wife and daughters who showed almost no interest in going 'to a ranch in Montana', after seeing our pictures and hearing our stories, are envious, and want me to book another trip, this time for all of us. Sounds like a great idea!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 17 September 2010

I took my 18 and 22 year old sons to Rock Creek Ranch as a graduation trip. I wanted to show them Montana's sites and give them a taste of ranch life. We choose the canvas tent rooms next to the creek. We could hear the water running and enjoyed the warmth from our gas fired iron stoves. The accomadations were very comfortable, roomy and included authentic western touches. I enjoyed reading a collection of short stories about the wilderness, wolves and settlers I found in our tent. We had a dusting of snow our first morning and star filled eveniings. The natural beauty of the ranch and its varied topography was incredable. We rode horses daily into the upper pastures and hills. Our cowboy and girl guides were very personable and fun. They watch out for you but will also let you have a good run if thats what you want. Exploring on foot, shooting and evening bowling or a move in the theater were other fun activities at this time of the year. We had a great time in the saloon playing pool and singing karaoke. Evenings at the lodge were casual with cocktails at the bar then dinner in front of a fire with other quests. The fare was largely western and five star. We could not wait to return for each and every meal! Our ranch experience was great. We plan to return in warmer weather to enjoy fishing , rafting and the swimming ponds on our next trip.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank JIMEPOWERS

Been to The Ranch at Rock Creek? Share your experiences!