“I would give it more stars if I could...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kaiser House Lodging

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philipsburg
Kaiser House Lodging
Ranked #1 of 6 Philipsburg B&B and Inns
Everett, Washington
“I would give it more stars if I could...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

The limited accommodations in the little mining tour town of Philipsburg Montana left me wary of booking in a renovated bed and breakfast, especially having lived in there years ago and knowing what the Kaiser House looked like back then. But the transformation is nothing short of phenomenal! We were booked into the Mural room and it was so clean, completely updated and cozy, I was astounded. The sitting/dining room is wonderfully period, as is the bedroom itself. Full bathroom, with an additional dressing sink and mirror, a comfortable bed, flat screen tv ( up on the wall so it's easily seen from either the seating area or the bed), radiant floor heating in the bathroom and adorable slider doors to a flower filled mini-deck (just for looks, but we could see out to the main street). The rooms are situated over a remodeled gift shop/pharmacy and even w/ business going on downstairs the only noise was from the adjoining room, which was not unexpected, given the age of the building. Very reasonably priced, we're sorry we missed out on the specially prepared breakfasts, as we were out the door early to go fishing. But Lynn was completely accommodating and said we could raid the fridge anytime. I will book here any time we are going to be back in the area and highly recommend it! (Doe Brothers soda fountain makes a great burger too)...

Room Tip: The mural room and redmen room are on the back side of the building, further away from the main stre...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank takn123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Davenport, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

Lynn was an excellent hostess. My 20 year old daughter and I checked in for three nights. I arrived a few minutes early and asked Lynn if she wouldn't mind helping me play a trick on my daughter by stating our room was haunted at the Kaiser House. To my surprise Lynn said the Kaiser House had experienced paranormal activity before on the main floor, but she played along and had my daughter thinking that the Kaiser Room was haunted. Lynn was very knowledgable about Philipsburg and the surrounding area. We enjoyed fishing, visiting ghost towns, seeing the museum and visiting Joe Jackson (which is a must see) who owns an antique store up on the hill in the towns first school house As I told Lynn I was in awe of her because she did a fantistic job updating the hotel and bringing it back to life. She also makes a to-die-for breakfast. This is a hotel you MUST stay at. It is just gorgeous. Thank you Lynn we will definately be back and I have already recommended you to many friends.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa G
Kalispell, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

My husband and I travel on motorcycles and love taking the roads less traveled to small towns with character all their own. I found Kaiser House on the internet and sure glad I did! What a gorgeous restoration and tasteful remodel. We stayed in the Chinese Room and it was lovely! The gourmet breakfast was delightful. We will be back!

2 Thank Tracy F
Troy, Montana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

We throughly enjoyed our stay at the Kaiser House. The Chinese room was so tastefully furnished and well annointed. The room was spacious and the bathroom tub was enormous. If we ever return to Phillipsburg we would stay here again. We are recommending this hotel to all our traveling friends. It was one of the highlights of our southwest Montana tour.

2 Thank Carol P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

My husband and I decided to stay in Phillipsburg after a wedding we were attending at Georgetown Lake. I looked on the Kaiser House website to check availability, but only one room remained. The picture for the room looked just okay, but small. I called to ask some questions, and the owner was most helpful and told me that the available room (the Redmen Lodge) was set up as twin beds but could be changed into a King size bed for a couple, so I booked the room.
When we arrived and entered the room, I was very surprised at how nice it was, as the website picture didn't do it justice. It was very homey and a little rustic, which is something I really like in decor. It had a beautiful bathroom, very comfortable bed, and was perfect for a romantic getaway. We spent some time visiting with other guests in the morning, in the breakfast room, which we enjoyed . Over all, it was a most relaxing and enjoyable experience. We will be back!

2 Thank Judy C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

We loved our stay at the Kaiser House and thought the Chinese Room was well appointed. Thanks to Lynn for the complimentary bottle of champagne and for making us feel so welcome. Although we live only an hour from Phillipsburg, we'd like to return and stay once again at the Kaiser House. If you plan on attending one of the great Opera House performances, check with Lynn before purchasing your tickets. She can offer discounts!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

Historic setting, spotless room and lovely breakfast. The amenities of air conditioned rooms and heated bath floors were a plus. We enjoyed our breakfast on the second floor balcony, and the dumb-waiter for transport of luggage and/or cooler up to the rooms was great. We would stay again.

Room Tip: The Mural room faces West and is the last room. It has another room bordering it on the East only.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philipsburg
Hickory House Inn
#1 of 4 in Anaconda
The Ranch at Rock Creek
The Ranch at Rock Creek
#1 of 5 in Philipsburg

Been to Kaiser House Lodging? Share your experiences!