“Great BBQ”

UpNSmokin Bbq House
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Philipsburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Enjoyed the pulled pork and relaxed atmosphere. Even the sides were good. We could smell this food cooking from our hotel room and had to try it!

There are newer reviews for UpNSmokin Bbq House

Reviewed 29 May 2014

In a manner of introduction, my brisket sandwich was very deserving of the title of this review. The meat had a nice fairly heavy smoke flavor, I found that it was nice and moist, falling apart tender, with a taste that I very much enjoyed. Quite frankly, I devoured my sandwich. So it was a good thing that this place dishes up the portions that they did, sandwich was heaped with tender brisket slices and then mop sauced on top. I like to taste the meat, with a hint of sauce, rather than the other way around. UpN filled my expectations completely. At our table others had the pulled pork and the tri-tip sandwiches. They said that theirs was very good, but I raved noticeably louder about my brisket sandwich, so am feeling like my choice of the brisket was the clear winner!!
This place has moved a while back, pic is wrong on their page, a VAST improvement in facilities!!! Now a very warm, wood trimmed dining room, restored pounded metal ceilings, with log chairs and log benches. It was very causal, come as you are. With such sloppy good sandwiches, you will surely need the roll of paper towels that is securely anchored to every table. No moving those puppies around! They serve no beer here which is a bummer, but you are allowed to do what you would be arrested for in Seattle, walk around town with a beer in your hand. Great little brewery just 1/2 block down the street.
In the way of cost, yes a bit pricey, $9.00 for the brisket sandwich I think. I guess I get to pay for all that meat!! This sandwich came with a dollop of potato salad, and I had iced tea today.
This place all on its own, with very little serious competition in town, makes Philipsburg a very good place to have to spend a lunch hour!!

1  Thank MontanaTourista
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stopped here on our visit in Montana. Ribs and tri-tip were great. Loved the different sauces. The portions were huge. Not to be missed.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Great BBQ! The atmosphere is very casual and the employees are all very young (so the service is so-so), but great food makes up for it!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The brisket and other meats are served with a dollop of sauce over the top. This just isn't my favorite sort of BBQ. But the meat was tasty, even if it looked dry. We went with locals who took us to the Brewing Company first. We walked down the street to the bbq place, carrying glasses of beer. Very civilized!