“Prize winning BBQ - now in their roomy new location”

UpNSmokin Bbq House
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Philipsburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Philipsburg, Montana
“Prize winning BBQ - now in their roomy new location”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Earlier this year, the owner competed in an invitational competition in Las Vegas. He won the MT qualifier, and went head to head with 99 other contestants. He won 9th for his ribs which are wonderful and worth the trip to Pburg if for no other reason than to have ribs. Great bbq beans too + smoked brisket, chicken, pulled pork etc etc. In my estimation, this is the best bbq you'll find in MT - and Brett's got the hardware on display to prove it. They're in their new roomy location, about a block up Broadway from the old place (and right next to the bank). Eat in or take out. You can bring in your beer from Philipsburg Brewing, or borrow a growler to get some for your meal.

• Visited July 2014

Waterford, Wisconsin, United States
“Excellent BBQ joint in a quaint town”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I love BBQ so we were excited to see this place in town. The building is an 1890's restored bar and they've done a nice job in decorating with a rustic theme- log stools and picnic tables and such. We had pulled pork and brisket and tried all 3 sauces-sweet, hot and mustard. All were very tasty, some of the best! The beans were delicious, but the potato salad was just ok. We originally ordered kettle chips, but realized they were not home-made. We wished we could purchase the sauces to take home. My husband wished the served beer here! Will definitely stop here again!

• Visited June 2014
“Unexpectedly Good”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Let's face it, when you go to Montana and you are from Rhode Island, you never know what to expect. I had the BBQ Pork sandwich with the beans. I would eat there again on my next visit. Montana is awesome!

Visited June 2014
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Enjoyed the pulled pork and relaxed atmosphere. Even the sides were good. We could smell this food cooking from our hotel room and had to try it!

Visited May 2014
Leavenworth, Washington
“Brisket Sandwich!!!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

In a manner of introduction, my brisket sandwich was very deserving of the title of this review. The meat had a nice fairly heavy smoke flavor, I found that it was nice and moist, falling apart tender, with a taste that I very much enjoyed. Quite frankly, I devoured my sandwich. So it was a good thing that this place dishes up the portions that they did, sandwich was heaped with tender brisket slices and then mop sauced on top. I like to taste the meat, with a hint of sauce, rather than the other way around. UpN filled my expectations completely. At our table others had the pulled pork and the tri-tip sandwiches. They said that theirs was very good, but I raved noticeably louder about my brisket sandwich, so am feeling like my choice of the brisket was the clear winner!!
This place has moved a while back, pic is wrong on their page, a VAST improvement in facilities!!! Now a very warm, wood trimmed dining room, restored pounded metal ceilings, with log chairs and log benches. It was very causal, come as you are. With such sloppy good sandwiches, you will surely need the roll of paper towels that is securely anchored to every table. No moving those puppies around! They serve no beer here which is a bummer, but you are allowed to do what you would be arrested for in Seattle, walk around town with a beer in your hand. Great little brewery just 1/2 block down the street.
In the way of cost, yes a bit pricey, $9.00 for the brisket sandwich I think. I guess I get to pay for all that meat!! This sandwich came with a dollop of potato salad, and I had iced tea today.
This place all on its own, with very little serious competition in town, makes Philipsburg a very good place to have to spend a lunch hour!!

• Visited May 2014