“A Fun Little Place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Polebridge
North Fork Hostel and Square Peg Ranch
Syracuse, New York
“A Fun Little Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

We ended up at the North Fork Hostel randomly at night in the off season when looking for a place to stay before a backpacking trip in Glacier. Oliver was kind enough to offer us a place to stay despite us showing up without a reservation. We stayed in the Goat Chalet which was a quant little rustic cabin type deal. We woke up and cooked some breakfast in the cutest kitchen ever and then made a stop by the Polebridge Mercantile for some excellent baked goods. So Oliver is a wonderful host and the location is like nothing else I've experienced. A great place to stay if you're interested in visiting Polebridge or the nearby portion of Glacier Park.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Families
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

We just spent a night up at the North Fork Hostel and decided to splurge and get the Tepee because that just sounded so charming. For fifty bucks, we could have eaten at the North Fork Saloon and slept out under the stars where there may have been fewer mosquitos! It seemed as if they swarmed us all night and neither of us slept. We spoke to the couple in the other tepee the next day and they had a similar experience.
Polebridge is wonderful and well worth the drive but I have to say - pitch a tent and save your dough for the pastries in the morning at the Mercantile! :)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MTmaven
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

I LOVE the North Fork Hostel. I recommend the Green Zucchini, which is super cheap and really fun to stay in. I actually went there for a week one year, and I had to come back the next year because it was so amazing-- which isn't easy because I was coming from the east coast. This is my favorite hostel I've ever stayed at. I saw black bears, grizzly bears and elk nearby (in May) and I got really great tips and heard great stories from Oliver, who runs the hostel. I love this place! I can't wait to go back for a third time.

Room Tip: The Green Zucchini is my favorite, but the bed is small so if you're sharing, you should be clos...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

My wife and I love the Hostel and Oliver. Yes, it's rustic, and maybe not for everyone. But we've been coming back for years and will continue doing so. The Square Peg Ranch, also run by Oliver, is great too!

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JonE298
Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

The North Fork Hostel is probably not somewhere i would recommend going alone. We stayed in the Teepee which was definitely an experiance i'm glad i had, but wouldnt volunteer for again. The hostel is 'quaint', in a semi-horror movie way but it seemed alright. The Teepee was pretty cool, however the bed (and the linen) had been left to be rained on for what seemed like years, so felt bad (bring a sleeping bag and your own pillows!!) and the fire in the middle of the teepee spat up ash all night because the wood crackled, so we were covered in soot by the morning. Plus is was freezing!! However, it is one of those places that while at the time it might have sucked a little bit, it was in hindsight an 'experiance' and pretty funny.
There were showers and an outhouse, which was far as outhouses go seemed ok. The host was nice, slightly odd but nice enough and the area in general was quite pretty! Would recommend for an experiane as long as you dont expect too much.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveller9827
Also consider these accommodations in or near Polebridge
Village Inn At Apgar
#2 of 7 in Columbia Falls
The Great Bear Inn
The Great Bear Inn
#4 of 13 in West Glacier

Been to North Fork Hostel and Square Peg Ranch? Share your experiences!