“Great food”

Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Polebridge
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This was our second visit to the Northern Lights Saloon. Great food, great service and a fantastic setting. The drive to Polebridge isn't bad and anyone in the Glacier National Park area should make the trip to Polebridge and try this restaurant. It opens at 4pm but there are several great hiking trails in the area to fill your day with.

1  Thank gigi000

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stopped here after driving up to Polbridge and on to Lake Bowman, where we hiked the Quartz Lake Trail. So after all that we were pretty hungry. What a delightful place to eat! We both had the bison burger with different toppings and they were delicious. But before that we got glasses of wine from the bar, sat outside on the picnic tables and chatted with folks from Canada. What fun! It is so relaxed and casual here, which we really enjoyed. The Polebridge Road was just fine from the intersection with the Camus Road, so don't let tales of a bad road keep you from experiencing this restaurant and the rest that Polebridge has to offer.

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

After driving on 50 miles of dirt road in the park, we were hungry and ready to eat. The staff was friendly, immediately making us feel like regulars. The pie was OMG good! Then went to mercantile next door - which had the most unbelievable bread and pastry. We got a loaf for breakfast. Restaurant is seasonal (closes 9/15 this year). And the store closes dec1-April 2. Well worth a trip!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I had read about this place on TripAdvisor, and wanted to try it while we were exploring the Bowman/Kintla Lake area. My husband and I and two children walked in for dinner just as a summer thunderstorm was starting. We were lucky enough to be seated immediately (there are only 6 tables inside, so keep this in mind when you go!). The staff was slightly disorganized (3 people came to get our drink order), but they were all really friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere is very cozy, and the Polebridge area is GORGEOUS. I had an elk burger, which was DELICIOUS, and my husband had the trout, which was very good. I ordered huckleberry pie for dessert, and my children split the huckleberry brownie sundae. I have had MANY pieces of huckleberry pie in my life, but this was the best I have EVER eaten. It was the best PIE I have ever eaten. It was so good, I am still dreaming about it even a week later. The huckleberry brownie sundae was also amazingly good, but not as good as the pie. I wish they would FedEx me a pie!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This eatery was recommended to us at the KOA. If you want the prime rib - GO EARLY - it sells out fast and it is only on Saturday. The place is very small but the weather was great so we ate outside under the elm (?) tree. I had the end cut of the roast (my favorite as that is were the flavor is). We had a walk around to see the cabins in the area before we ate so we had an appetite. The service was great and so was the huckleberry ale (really). Maybe it was just having dinner outside in the peace and quiet but it was the best prime rib we have had in a long time. Well worth the drive up to the restaurant.