“Clean, and nice”

KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Polson
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights with a lake side view. The room and hotel were both clean. I had read earlier reviews warning that the casino was rather noisy. I did NOT find this to be the case. In fact, the casino was barely audible when walking in. Great atmosphere here with fantastic views. I had no problems with the staff, they were all friendly and were able to answer my questions. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 October 2013

His hotel is blessed with an outstanding location. THe rooms are as you would expect from Best Western (clean, comfortable) and the lake view rooms with balconies are terrific. We had our wedding guests stay at the hotel during our wedding this summer. The docks and boat slips were never busy (which was great since we used them frequently.) The problems started when our guests and wedding party checked out. Multiple guests were charged for other guests rooms, apparently because they had the same last name! We had a hard time ironing out all the mixed up charges. On top of that, housekeeping found our drivers license in our room (thankfully!) but from that point on it was incredibly difficult to track down who had it at the hotel. In the end it was found stuffed in some junk drawer in a managers office.

I would NOT recommend having a wedding or allowing wedding party members to stay at this hotel. Communication was terrible at resolving multiple issues and mix ups.

Room Tip: Get a lake view room with a balcony. Very good views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SmilingViking
Ashlee C, Front Desk Supervisor at KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service. You can reach me directly at 406-883-8364.

Ashlee Cheff
Marketing & Sales Office
BEST WESTERN PLUS KwaTaqNuk Resort

Reviewed 11 October 2013

The room we were given was supposed to have a view of the lake. It had a view of the parking lot. The room smelled of smoke. There were kids running up and down the halls and one almost knocked me over. The free breakfast cost $10 per person. The side door was left unlocked at all times. When we returned after being out all day, our keys didn't work on our room door. The front desk said that they become unmagnetized a lot. When the water upstairs was used it sounded as though a jet engine was taking off above us. The carpet was old and dinghy. We asked for a cot for my daughter and when it finally arrived, after asking for it twice, it looked as though it had been stored in some dark and dinghy basement somewhere. Fortunately she had a sleeping bag she could sleep in because she wasn't about to get into the bed. We couldn't wait to get out of there. I did voice my concern and the manager offered a 25% discount. A lot of good that is when I have no plans on returning there!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view and a room that is on an upper floor.
Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Roadwarrior189

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Ashlee Cheff
Marketing & Sales Office
BEST WESTERN PLUS KwaTaqNuk Resort

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The room was large and comfortable. It had a lounge chair and a desk and desk chair. There was a six drawer dresser. The bathroom lighting and the shower were great. The property is older, but well kept. Our room and the bathroom was very clean. We had a nice view of Flathead Lake with a small balcony.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy Y
Reviewed 1 October 2013

After reading some of the reviews I was a little apprehensive that the front of the hotel would be under siege from a gang of drunken chain smokers. This was not the case at all. This hotel is a very pleasant place to stay with large rooms, even numbers facing Flathead Lake with either balconies or patios. The rooms are very clean, some of the public areas need a little updating but overall a great stay. There is a very good continental breakfast available Monday to Friday. It is not mentioned on the website and perhaps the management need to do this. The staff are very helpful and friendly. A previous guest had left a Samsung cell phone in the room. I gave it to the young man at reception who thanked me for being honest. I would have kept it but it was one of the new smart phones and I can only just use the old technology! I would stay here again without hesitation. I had an $80 senior rate which was a real bargain.

Room Tip: Third floor, room 302, very quiet with great views
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Had a lakeside ground floor room-well worth it! Room was clean and well-maintained. BTW, I had no problem with smoke odour anywhere in the hotel and I have asthma. One disappointment: they had cancelled the boat trip for the season, which there was no clue about on their website.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The Kwa Taq Nuk Best Western offers breath taking views of the Mission Mountian range reflecting off of the Flathead Lake. In Early Fall the sunrise is just a perfectly colored as the sunsets. The Staff is extremely helpful and energetic, they go out of their way to make your Experience a memorable and enjoyous one. Very Family Friendly and accommodating. Pool, Casino, Restuarant, Gym, Lounge/Bar Why would you stay anywhere else? This place has it all.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Polson
Red Lion Inn & Suites Ridgewater Polson
Swan Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ninepipes Lodge
Ninepipes Lodge
#1 of 2 in Charlo

Been to KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!