“Good food! Good scenery! Good accomodations”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pray
Chico Hot Springs Resort
Moscow, Idaho
“Good food! Good scenery! Good accomodations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have stayed here in winter and spring. Christmas is one of our favorite times, although don't come for peace and quiet at this time. The accomodations are rustic, but mostly comfortable. Don't come if you want spacious rooms and modern amenities. Do come if you want excellent food (in both the poolside restaurant and the main restaurant), amazing wildlife viewing in both Yellowstone and surrounding areas, relaxing soaks in the pools, great places to run/walk. Highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susannah W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We drove out to Chicos on the recommendation of a Native American we met at Little Big Horn. We had a great stay in a log cabin, dinner was excellent and the spring-fed pool hot and relaxing. A wonderful setting on the way to Yellowstone.

Room Tip: Log cabins are the best rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard B
Cheney, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I had been to Chico Hot Springs as a child and always loved it. As an adult it has lost none of it's charm. It is a beautiful facility with an excellent dining facility. The beauty of Montana really shines through at this location. Chico offers both rustic and more modern accommodations. The staff were all wonderful and I would recommend this inn to anyone.

Room Tip: You can see these rooms described on line.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stay at Chico at least twice a year, and every stay is wonderful. This time, instead of staying in the Main Lodge, we had a room in the Fishermans Lodge. It's a short three minute walk from the Main Lodge, through the beautiful gardens and just up the hill. Fishermans Lodge was definitely a winner. Ample parking, clean rooms all with private baths and much quieter than the Main Lodge. Excellent view of the valley and the mountains and a large grassy area with several picnic tables overlooking the property. We had dinner in the main restaurant and it was super tasty as always. Our server, Laida, was friendly and attentive. We had the oysters Rockafeller which hasn't disappointed us yet. My boyfriend had the lamb, cooked to perfection and delicious. I had the Gorgonzola filet that was all around amazing. When you stay at Chico, do not miss out on dining at the main restaurant. My only advice for first timers, bring your flip flops and robe for heading to the pool.
Thank you to the staff for yet another perfect stay and we can't wait to return in November!!

• Stayed May 2014
Minnneapolis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This may be the perfect place for a family getaway. But if, like me, you're looking for a nice resort for an overnight stay this is not the right place for you. To be fair, I did not have time to enjoy the many opportunities available such as rafting or horseback riding so I can only judge the accommodations and restaurant. In my opinion, both are highly over rated. The rooms were sparse, the beds were uncomfortable and the bathtub had hair in it. Although there was nothing wrong with the meal, I've eaten much better meals in higher quality restaurants for far less money. The "hot springs" are in reality nothing more than an oversized swimming pool in back of the bar with absolutely zero ambience. Unlike some reviewers, however, I found the staff to be exceptional. Pleasant, personable and attentive. I think I may have been the wrong customer for Chico. Young families looked to be having a great time.

Room Tip: This is not a "resort" experience. Just be mindful of that depending on what you're lo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CarolMinnneapolis
Killen, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was our second visit to this historical hotel. Just stayed for one night so that we could relax in the pool filled by hot springs. The rooms both times were clean and quiet. This stay we had a king size bed but had to make a trek up the stairs with luggage, was not that difficult. Both times we have stayed in the Warren wing. Do not expect TV, radio, or air conditioning, they do have a box fan in the room. Bed was comfortable and towels were adequate. My hair dryer in my room kept shutting off, due to overheating, after inspecting it; it had been damaged and not replaced.
I would suggest bringing your own towels or robe for pool; you have to walk through hotel to pool. Excellent restaurant at hotel, also, pool side grill and bar. Both times we have really enjoyed meeting the people around the pool.
Some rooms have shared bathrooms so I would suggest requesting a private bath.

Room Tip: All king size beds are upstairs, no help with luggage. Stay downstairs if stairs are difficult for y...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Billings, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Relocating to the Great State of Montana caught me flat-footed come my wife and my 26 year wedding anniversary. As we are awaiting the real-estate closing of our new home, we had been living in the basement of my dear mother's home. No, that's not a bad thing, as she hasn't been around the grand kids in years AND my wife and her love each other... but I digress!!

Grandma agreed to watch the children, so we headed to Pray, Montana and an overnight stay at Chico Hot Springs Resort. I got lucky when the only accommodation available was the "Honeymoon" cabin! We left Friday afternoon, got there in time for our 3 p.m. couples massage, soaked in the Hot Springs until the party crowd started arriving (there's a bar that feeds the hot springs, so it can be "fun" at times!), then went to the cottage to freshen up for a nice dinner that was fabulous.

The cabin was well appointed, comfortable and had all the amenities we needed. It had snowed in the mountains the night before, so it was a bit chilly out still, but the hot-water heat in the cabin was oh so comfortable. I think the best thing of all, was that the cabin did NOT have a television!! My wife and I actually talked and really enjoyed each other's company. A great time was had and we'll definitely be back for more.

Room Tip: If you can swing one of the private cabins, which are right around $200 / night, it's worth it!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank doc_que
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pray
Yellowstone Valley Lodge
Comfort Inn Yellowstone North
Super 8 Livingston
Super 8 Livingston
#4 of 10 in Livingston

Been to Chico Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!