“Overall disappointed though some nice things”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pray
Chico Hot Springs Resort
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We expected a great time of refreshment and mountain resort. Though the area is a beautiful area, Chico is at the end of the road, nestled in a location that does not really give you the full views. The lodge lobby is quaint and attractive. But the beds were incredibly hard, the hot springs pool was full of families and children (which kept anyone from just exercising and enjoying), and the grill/saloon's food stayed with us longer than we wished. Though the dining room is absolutely excellent, our stay was only average. Since we heard so many good things from other people, we were actually disappointed with the stay. In fact, as I described it to an coworker at the office later, he said, "Oh, I wish I warned you about their beds." So this review warns others as you read.

Room Tip: According to several friends who have also been to Chico, the beds in most of the lodges and rooms a...
2  Thank Paul U

Reviewed 9 June 2014

There are times you can luxuriate in beautiful primitive mountain hot springs and then there are times you want a little more. I have spent 35 years traveling the world and the US enjoying hot spring locations of all kinds. Chico's offered my wife and I an old fashioned western room with a bathroom down the hall for a reasonable price. The old hotel also has newer more lavish offerings too. You spend what you can afford for the luxury you want. We enjoyed the funkiness of the two story entrance hall and front desk area decorated like Theodore Roosevelt would have seen. The large swimming size pool was just the right temperature in the outdoors bath house for lounging in the afternoon. The smaller pool was even better on a cool spring morning! All with a pass through bar to sip the local crafted brews. But wait there's more; what a fantastic meal we had for dinner! Excellent cocktail list, fine wine, and it is hard to duplicate the quality at any 4 star hotel restaurant, let alone out here next to Yellowstone National Park. Don't spend just one night like we did, plan to spend several!!!

Room Tip: We could have just hit the season right with few children there, perfect weather, no need for a/c at...
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have stayed here in winter and spring. Christmas is one of our favorite times, although don't come for peace and quiet at this time. The accomodations are rustic, but mostly comfortable. Don't come if you want spacious rooms and modern amenities. Do come if you want excellent food (in both the poolside restaurant and the main restaurant), amazing wildlife viewing in both Yellowstone and surrounding areas, relaxing soaks in the pools, great places to run/walk. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susannah W
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We drove out to Chicos on the recommendation of a Native American we met at Little Big Horn. We had a great stay in a log cabin, dinner was excellent and the spring-fed pool hot and relaxing. A wonderful setting on the way to Yellowstone.

Room Tip: Log cabins are the best rooms.
1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I had been to Chico Hot Springs as a child and always loved it. As an adult it has lost none of it's charm. It is a beautiful facility with an excellent dining facility. The beauty of Montana really shines through at this location. Chico offers both rustic and more modern accommodations. The staff were all wonderful and I would recommend this inn to anyone.

Room Tip: You can see these rooms described on line.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stay at Chico at least twice a year, and every stay is wonderful. This time, instead of staying in the Main Lodge, we had a room in the Fishermans Lodge. It's a short three minute walk from the Main Lodge, through the beautiful gardens and just up the hill. Fishermans Lodge was definitely a winner. Ample parking, clean rooms all with private baths and much quieter than the Main Lodge. Excellent view of the valley and the mountains and a large grassy area with several picnic tables overlooking the property. We had dinner in the main restaurant and it was super tasty as always. Our server, Laida, was friendly and attentive. We had the oysters Rockafeller which hasn't disappointed us yet. My boyfriend had the lamb, cooked to perfection and delicious. I had the Gorgonzola filet that was all around amazing. When you stay at Chico, do not miss out on dining at the main restaurant. My only advice for first timers, bring your flip flops and robe for heading to the pool.
Thank you to the staff for yet another perfect stay and we can't wait to return in November!!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This may be the perfect place for a family getaway. But if, like me, you're looking for a nice resort for an overnight stay this is not the right place for you. To be fair, I did not have time to enjoy the many opportunities available such as rafting or horseback riding so I can only judge the accommodations and restaurant. In my opinion, both are highly over rated. The rooms were sparse, the beds were uncomfortable and the bathtub had hair in it. Although there was nothing wrong with the meal, I've eaten much better meals in higher quality restaurants for far less money. The "hot springs" are in reality nothing more than an oversized swimming pool in back of the bar with absolutely zero ambience. Unlike some reviewers, however, I found the staff to be exceptional. Pleasant, personable and attentive. I think I may have been the wrong customer for Chico. Young families looked to be having a great time.

Room Tip: This is not a "resort" experience. Just be mindful of that depending on what you're lo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank CarolMinnneapolis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pray
Yellowstone Valley Lodge
Yellowstone Valley Lodge
#3 of 10 in Livingston
Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 10 in Livingston
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabi...
#1 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
Rodeway Inn and Suites
Rodeway Inn and Suites
#2 of 8 in Gardiner
Paradise Gateway Bed & Breakfast

Been to Chico Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!