Just completed my third stay. The old lady is feeling her age. I had a king with balcony on the creek - great. Was on the second floor in the Grizzly Building. No elevators, no valet help, ice down in the basement three floors below in the laundry room and at far end of building. Bed must be twenty years old. Pillows hard. Returned from a town visit and found my door not fully closed - computers, cameras, cash, available to the curious, scary!
Beyond that, the balcony on the creek was great. The pool and hot tub excellent. The Piney Dell Restaurant adequate.
The place is about five miles from main street Red Lodge, away from the crowds.
Bottom line. Management needs a major overhaul to upgrade the rooms that currently no better than a Motel 5?. Found a place just inside the town, on the right. It is on the creek and really nice. Will stay there if I return.
Too bad, it was once an excellent stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the beautiful Beartooth Mountains, Rock Creek Resort is the ideal spot for family reunions, business meetings, conventions, weddings or a romantic getaway. The resort has 87 rooms featuring spectacular views of Rock Creek or beautiful pond side views with the Beartooth Mountains as a backdrop. Activities include swimming, children's playground, catch & release fish pond, local hiking trails. Free wireless internet. Old Piney Dell restaurant & Bar offers fine dining with a cozy bar for drinks. Minutes away from downhill skiing and golfing or a short drive to Yellowstone Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rock Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rock Creek Hotel Red Lodge
- Rock Creek Resort Red Lodge, Montana