Overall this is a very nice place. We reserved at the last minute, so didn't get the room we really wanted, but our room was still nice. We had a studio apartment like room. The room itself was very homey and nice. There was a huge, private deck overlooking the creek that was just lovely. Unfortunately we only had a Murphy bed and a fold out couch bed. These were not very comfortable, as was to be expected. I think they have rooms with real beds if you reserve with a bit more notice. Also, if you have a problem with stairs make sure you ask for a ground floor room or a room in a building with an elevator, because the building we stayed in didn't have one and it was a chore hauling suitcases upstairs.
We ate at the restaurant on the property for dinner that evening, and it was extremely good. We even got in late, but they were still very friendly. The food was very good, and we were very please. So we were expecting to find something similar in the morning for breakfast. The breakfast, however, is served in a different restaurant in the "main lodge". I have never had such a bad dining experience in my life! It was a buffet, so we didn't expect a lot of service, but the wait staff completely ignored us. I had to go ask them for water and coffee twice, and this was after we waited at least 15 minutes while they ignored us. They were sitting behind the counter with their backs to the rooms and I overheard them talking about how they needed to count and divide up their tips. This is while a room full of people was waiting for service. And then, the food was disgusting! The eggs were cold, they set out bread for toasting that was too big for their toaster and was moldy. It cost $10 a person for this. I have worked as a waitress, and am always patient and a good tipper, but we left without tipping for the first time in my life. I was horrified by the service and food. So, stay here, eat dinner here, but drive into town for breakfast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the beautiful Beartooth Mountains, Rock Creek Resort is the ideal spot for family reunions, business meetings, conventions, weddings or a romantic getaway. The resort has 87 rooms featuring spectacular views of Rock Creek or beautiful pond side views with the Beartooth Mountains as a backdrop. Activities include swimming, children's playground, catch & release fish pond, local hiking trails. Free wireless internet. Old Piney Dell restaurant & Bar offers fine dining with a cozy bar for drinks. Minutes away from downhill skiing and golfing or a short drive to Yellowstone Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rock Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rock Creek Hotel Red Lodge
- Rock Creek Resort Red Lodge, Montana