“Amazing setting”
Review of Rock Creek Resort

Rock Creek Resort
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Red Lodge
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is the very first thing you see as you come off the Bear Tooth Gap Drive. There is a river that runs right next to the rooms and it is so loud and rushing it lulls you to sleep! Beautiful!! It's all about the view and scenery. The rooms are fine, not spectacular. We stayed here twice along with our friends and each room was very different. Some are hotel rooms, but they vary a lot too, and some are condos. Each had a great view though. Nice lobby and outdoor spaces. Two weddings were held here when we visited and the setup for the weddings looked well presented. The breakfast was good. Otis Spunkmeyer muffins and the usual continental breakfast fare. One big complaint - although they claim to have internet/wifi we did not experience having it. They told it had just gone down both times we arrived there, but we stayed multiple nights and it never came up much. I wonder..............

Room Tip: I recommend the 2nd floor. Our friends had stayed before and wanted the 1st floor to be closer to t...

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Beware! Make sure you ask if everything is working cause they don't tell you up front & they'll charge you full price anyways. We were there a few hours before we discovered there was no tv or Internet(and apparently it's been like that for a while). Also, there is no air conditioning in the rooms. Oh yeah, and if you're on two wheels, don't park near the grass cause you'll get a nice little bike wash from he sprinkler system

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dan H
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We spent three nights in the Grizzly building. We had a nice view of the creek from our room window. The room itself was good with two exceptions. There was no TV service. It's been out for at least four days. Second, the WiFi in Grizzly is strange. For the first and second night it only worked late at night. The staff acknowledged both problems and gave us a 10 percent reduction due to the lack of TV. You could use WiFi in the main lodge. I did find after some experimentation that I could get the WiFi to work on our macpro if I used its network diagnostics.

That said, the general setting for the resort is quite beautiful. It is laid out nicely around a lawn with a pond and fountain. There are abundant places to hike and there are tennis courts for those so inclined.

They offer a good continental breakfast set in a sun lit dinning room with a good view.

In our discussions with the staff, they were always courteous and offered advice.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We came and it was quite late and we had just came off the overpass from the very dangerous mountainside the night before. We were very tired and could not go any further. On the road we found this "resort". We got to the rooms and first asked the front desk whether they had two queen rooms and they said that there were none. We said it was ok and then we made our way to our rooms. In the first room the toilet wouldn't flush and the second was very far away. We then went back to the front desk and asked the to please exchange the room. The person at the front desk was very nice and she accommodated us. However I was surprised after she had changed both rooms and then they both had two queen beds in each room. The next morning their complimentary breakfast was alright the standard fair however I was quite disappointed to see that they had no eggs there otherwise it was ok. As long as you don't have to go and stay here I wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: There was no Ac I do not recommend it
1  Thank the98dude
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The setting of this motel (resort???) is just beautiful. We checked in just afternoon and when we got to our room, we were amazed that on the hottest day of the year there was NO air conditioning. We were originally on the afternoon side of the building and they gladly put us on the other side of the building which overlooked the creek where it might be a bit cooler. It was, but not until 2:00 am! Even with the box fan in the window...The rooms were clean and well stocked. There was not a fridge in the room to keep even a soda cold. there was a restaurant on site, but very expensive. Resort? I don't think so. At the rate we paid, there should have been A/C and a refrigerator. We will not be checking into this "resort" again.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask for a creek-side room!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rencruiser
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We spent 3 nights here for a destination wedding, yes, it's older and a bit rustic, but when in the mountains, that's what we like!!

Our studio worked perfect for the two of us. The Murphy bed was very comfortable, I was worried about it when I first it, but it was great. We had a small kitchenette too!!

The staff always went out of their way to assist us in anything we needed.

The wedding was amazing, it took place along side the river ...it was breathtaking.

The surrounding mountains were beautiful.

One negative thing I must point out and I'm not going to hold it against the resort but around 1:00 am on our last night, the employees were taking down a tent that was below our room and it was extremely loud (tent poles were dropping on the cement) and I was unable to sleep. My hubby slept right through it...but I couldn't. So, Rock Creek, if you happen to read tripadvisor....please consider your guests when you decide to make that kind of noise when folks are trying to sleep!!! I did mention this to the staff while I was checking out but they didn't seem concerned, so it must be something that happens often during wedding season. When I got home, I phoned the manager and left a message but never heard back from him.

Other than that....we loved it and can't wait until we return again!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LOVEROFPV
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We spent 3 nights at this "resort". The front office staff seemed to have a very limited knowledge of the area and the property. We stayed in a room in the grizzley building. It was hard to take our bags from the car to the room. We were told we could drive down close to the building, unload and then park at the top of the hill. The room was very dated (cracks in the fiberglass tub that had been sealed with some type of sealant), (thin blankets on the beds), (sheets that did not correctly fit the mattress), etc. The building needed a great deal of care (peeling paint, rotten wood, worn carpet, etc). The pond at the center of the property was beautiful, but looking around the buildings I found a lot of high grass and weeds. The breakfast was not the best, stale bread and cereals. I had no cell service, but I had no problems with the wifi. I would not stay at this property again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
#10 of 10 in Red Lodge
Beartooth River Ranch
Beartooth River Ranch
#2 of 2 in Belfry

Been to Rock Creek Resort? Share your experiences!