“My sister and I stayed here while...”
Review of Alpine Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Red Lodge
Alpine Lodge
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Red Lodge
Eagle River, Alaska
“My sister and I stayed here while...”
Reviewed 13 September 2010

My sister and I stayed here while visiting in Red Lodge. Our experience was absolutely superb! Larry and Trish were so accommodating and nice. The beds were heavenly and everything was so clean and fresh! I loved looking out the back window and seeing greenery and birds... We will definitely recommend the Alpine Lodge and will seek to stay here on our return trips to RL!

• Stayed September 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Wheatland, Wyoming
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We were planning a trip with friends to Red Lodge, we had stayed at the Alpine Lodge 3 yrs. ago, so thought it would be nice to try someplace new. After dozens of phone calls to every place in town, my friend said that at least the Alpine was clean,so that was the determining factor plus they did provide a breakfast! Well the rooms were super clean and although the lodge is older,Larry and Trish care about it and are always upgrading. The beds were super comfortable in both rooms and the breakfast was FABULOUS! We stayed 2 nights there and had breakfast 2 mornings which is freshly cooked to each guest. I'm on a low carb. diet and Larry provided what I needed and all 4 of us agreed, matter of fact, all the guests eating both days agreed it was super! So next time we go to Red Lodge, as long as Larry and Trish own the place, that's where we will stay! They are Good People who take pride in their Lodge and the property, everything was clean, plus there are horseshoe pits, a basketball court and other outdoor games for all!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank LittleDebbie410
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 29 July 2010

The biggest problem I have with The Alpine Lodge is the way a friend and I were treated by the owner during our recent trip to Red Lodge. While trying to check in we found out we did not have a reservation, I found out the next day the reservations had mistakingly been made at The Alpine Hotel in Cooke City. The woman checking us in told us that they had a cabin available due to a last minute cancellation. Knowing that the town was completly sold out we told her we would take it. After taking a look inside the cabin we quickly decided to try and find something else, preferably with indoor plumbing. After doing some checking around we found an apartment that we could rent for our stay and quickly booked it. That was when the trouble started. Both the woman in the office and the owner, Larry, were not happy that we did not want the cabin. They told us we were going to be charged for the night even though we had only been there for about two hours and had not used any of the facilities or even sat on the beds. Laryy accused us of lying about having a reservation, and trying to scam them for a lower room rate. When I tried to explain our side of the situation he stated he had better things to do than listen to me. At that point my friend had taken enough verbal abuse so he told Larry he could kiss his [---]! Well let me tell you Larry went ballistic! He started yelling at us to get off his property, when my friend asked the women for his copy of the credit card receipt Larry grabbed him and pushed him towards the door, things were getting ugly so we left as quickly as possible with Larry following us screaming the whole time to get off his property. It was crazy, I've never had anything like that happen to me while traveling. Now I know my friends colorful suggestion was not the best idea, but keep in mind we had already been called liars and cheats, all due to a reservation mistake. We evan considered involving the police due to Larry getting physical with my friend but Red Lodge is a small town and it would have been our word against the local business owners, so why take that chance. So that is why I will never return to Red Lodge and I hope this helps you to make a informed decision about staying at The Alpine Lodge

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
11 Thank psscuba
BigJImmyk, Public Relations Manager at Alpine Lodge, responded to this review, 5 August 2010
We are extremely saddened by this review due mostly to the fact that we have an unsatisfied customer. We strive in every-way to make sure our guests have a pleasant experience and that a stay at our property is an experience you will remember as part of your great vacation or business trip. A great deal of our guests are return customers and our goal is to build friendships as you can plainly see by our other reviews. Even though we choose not to rebut this review we would ask that as you read this review please keep in mind there are always two sides to any story and in no way was it our intention to upset this guest or any guest. Thank you
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2010

I was traveling with some of my family who elected to stay at a nationally recognized hotel 2 blocks away while I stayed at Alpine Lodge. I got the better deal, by far!!! I paid half the price and got better service with a bigger room. The staff at Alpine is incredibly friendly and helpful. I had a full complimentary breakfast cooked to order outside on the grill and got to talk to several repeat visitors. The rooms are well kept, well decorated, and the bed was very comfortable. The TV was kinda small and old (plenty of channels though), but if watching a lot of TV is a concern of yours, I'm not sure why you'd be staying in Red Lodge. Whether you're travelling with family or fellow bikers, check this place out!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Springville, Utah
Reviewed 3 July 2010

When we walked into our rooms at this rustic-looking motor lodge, it was no surprise to see "dated" decor. The surprise came, however, at the room cleanliness and homeyness. This place is well cared-for and very comfortable. One of our children slept on a rollaway bed. As we opened it, we were charmed by the hand stitched quilt. Our room was decorated with antiques in shadow boxes. But the real reason that I won't stay anywhere else on future trips to Red Loge is the made-to-order, fresh breakfast cooked by a very friendly, accommodating chef. He made sure each child in our large family group was happy! I recommend this place wholeheartedly.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
pleasant grove, utah
Reviewed 2 July 2010

older property on north end of town. the owners are in the process of renewing it but we found it clean, very comfortable beds, and the best part of all was the fan in the room. next morning we had breakfast outside cooked on a grill, delish!!! the decor is a little outdated (oooh, that carpet) but clean and well kept. would definitely recommend and would stay here again..

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brentj539
red lodge mt
Reviewed 11 April 2010

I looked all over for a place to stay while working in Absarokee and found the Alpine Lodge in Red Lodge. Larry and Trish the owners are wonderful people, the rooms are very clean and spacious, mine has a coffee pot, fridg, micro and kitchen sink, all I added is a toaster oven. I'm here before the summer season starts so I am missing the wonderful breakfasts I have heard about. I highly advise anyone looking for great accomadations to check out Alpine Lodge first.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business