“Excellent authentic Mexican food.”
Review of Las Palmitas

Las Palmitas
Ranked #13 of 39 Restaurants in Red Lodge
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is one of the best authentic Mexican food joints I have found yet. Don't let the down to earth decor scare you off. Its not fancy, but its solid good home cooking. Its now on my "don't miss" list whenever we go through Red Lodge.

2  Thank murphro
There are newer reviews for Las Palmitas

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My daughter picked this one the other day, and I was a skeptic at first.
Actually though it was a really solid meal. It's a casual almost cafeteria style menu and service- no chips and salsa, order at the counter etc. And honestly, considering that, the prices are a tad high.
But the menu is extensive, and seems really well executed. Nothing fancy or pretentious, just simple casual Mexican done well. The beans and rice were nicely done, for example. Nothing to write home about, but all too often restaurants try to make them outstanding and end up doing so in all the wrong ways, Specifically, many MT Mex places can't stay away from pineapples for some reason; I didn't see any pineapples on my plate here.
Two dudes working were low key but really friendly and seemed to have a good rapport with the regulars.
FYI I've heard they have a food truck, actually a food bus, but it is not in RL this year, it's in Powell WY, so look for them brick and mortar style on Main downtown.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The first good sign were all the Mexican customers having lunch. We had a group of five and everyone was very happy with their meals. Reasonable prices and super friendly staff. Good size portions.

1  Thank CPA316
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

It's hard for me to eat any where else when I am in town. The best Mexican food I have had. The bus was unique but I am glad they have a regular place downtown

1  Thank Jeff W
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Day trip with the family and thought we'd give it a shot. Great food! Friendly owners/staff. Highly recommend.

1  Thank MCarpenter1