“been here a lot.”

Ranked #14 of 41 Restaurants in Red Lodge
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Dining Room at The Pollard is the perfect place for a special occasion, or just for a great meal in Red Lodge with friends or family Featuring an extensive Wine List, and an ever-changing menu filled with flavor and variety, The Dining Room at The Pollard is sure to be a memorable experience.
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have been to The Pollard a lot. The service in the mornings is awesome as long as you get Connie, she is great. some of the others not so much and as long as the so called GM stays out of the staffs way its great. The food is great in the mornings but slacks off in the evenings.The service in the evenings is not so good.

1  Thank Nick C

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Waited 1 hour no appetizers! No food! When addressed issue manager asked waitress what happened she shrugged shoulders and walked away. Made reservations in advance and will never return. Word of advice do not attempt.

Melissa M, Director of Sales at The Dining Room at The Pollard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

I regret to read that you had a bad experience in our Dining Room recently.

In the past month we have focused all of our energy and resources on creating and maintaining a better and more consistent standard of service.

I hope that if you stop in again, that you will find you have a very different experience.

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Came with friends from out of state and were sadly disappointed. We had been here before and loved it but not this time! Took almost an hour to get our food and one of the 4 dinners had to be sent back. The worst part was the server. Love the atmosphere of the beautiful old building but without friendly and attentive service, it is not at all worth it.

I am sorry to read that you were not treated well as a guest in our Dining Room.
Here at The Pollard we believe that it is our foremost goal to make our guests feel welcome, comfortable and attended to at all times.
The experience that you had is unacceptable and I thank you for bringing it to our attention.
On behalf of the entire staff I apologize for our shortcomings, and we will be working very hard to make sure that this does not happen again.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

The service is TERRIBLE! After being barely acknowledge by the front desk girl at checkin, we went to dinner where we were told the the menus posted in the elevator, door, and online was wrong and we were unable to order the appetizer we had chosen. With 6 tables, we were left waiting for over 10min for a server, who checked on us only when presenting the bill. At breakfast, we ran into the same menu issue and time waiting for a server, although this time only 3 tables and 2 servers. When I requested a manager, he came in and stated "what's the problem" without greeting or introduction. When I began to state our concerns, he interrupted me and stated he has the best hotel around an we couldn't find another hotel like this around here. I beg to differ, I know, I've been to it. He told me that since we had gotten the dinner package an t was such a good deal that we had no business complaining and was argumentative with me about my concerns. He told us that he been all over and his hotel is amazing. It most definitely is NOT. I will never go back. My advise to anyone considering the Pollard is to go to Chico Hot Springs instead. They have great staff and service or better prices. And if by any chance something does go wrong with your stay, empathy is what you will get and they will make sure they make it right.

I am deeply sorry to read that you had such a negative experience at The Pollard Hotel. I would like to take full responsibility for not having changed the Menus that were posted in the elevator and online after we had made a few changes to the Menus themselves. I can understand how frustrating this may have been for you, and it it is something that we will not overlook again.

Though I was not at The Pollard during your stay, it sounds like you were not given anywhere near the standard of service that we instill in all of our employees and Mangers. I thank you so much for taking the time to describe your experience so that we can work as hard as we can to improve our service from the front desk to the dining room and everywhere in between.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Varied but typical breakfast menu, with some unique touches. The pancakes were great. Atmostphere is nice, too (historic).