“Lunch after the Beartooth...”
Review of Red Lodge Cafe

Red Lodge Cafe
Ranked #8 of 39 Restaurants in Red Lodge
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We took the Beartooth Highway Scenic Drive to Redlodge from Cody and then back to Silvergate. The drive took us a long time because we kept stopping on this beautiful drive. We were hungry by the time of our arrival and I had read about The Red Lodge Cafe on trip advisor. It was on our list for lunch, we were not dissappointed. My husband and I got the chicken fried steak lunches and they were very good. My son on the other hand got the chicken strips and they were a little dissappointing - Small frozen strips, he seemed to keep ordering the wrong thing on our trip. We tried to get him to order a hamburger afterwards as others around us were getting them and they looked very good. I would recommend eating here if in the area - they also had alot of homemade pies, but we were full at the end of our meals.

There are newer reviews for Red Lodge Cafe

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We always try to stop into the Red Lodge Cafe when we are in Red Lodge for the weekend. Today we had coffee- hot and tasty, bacon- cooked just right, and a blueberry pancake for each of us. We were seated quickly for a late Saturday morning and coffee was poured. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. I know some don't like the late 60's decor, but the dining area is clean and personally I prefer the rustic wall paintings since it feels homey and comfortable. A local classic you don't want to miss!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This place was dated inside. Food was ok, but nothing special. Prices decent. The beef barley soup was tasty.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were all very happy with the food that we ordered. The Chicken Fried steaks were just hugh
and so reasonably priced. We would definitely eat there again if we were in that area again.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

The 3 stars are for the food, the waitress suggested we take our 5 top to the bar side. The bartender seemed annoyed and had a bad attitude. Verbally stated her annoyance multiple times to us. She told us her cooks would be mad that we ordered food from her. First time I've ever left $0 for a tip.