“Amazing doesn't even begin to describe it”
Review of Blue Sky Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Lodge
Blue Sky Cabins
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here from the 17th of July until the 22nd, we flew in from Houston Texas and our flight was early... we had about a hour drive from billings to red lodge and we stopped at Walmart to get lunch and dinner food we finished that sooner then expected as well we called Tammy to tell her we were early and she rushed to get our cabin finished for us. When we got there Tammy greeted us with sparkling cider as my husband and I do not like champagne. She then proceeded to tell us about the cabin and surrounding area. Tamy and Kevin were very helpful and accomidatin, they even let us borrow their bear spray which saved us 30 bucks. When we called them they were quick to answer and if we didn't need them they did ot bother us. The string for the blinds broke and they fixed it the same day and even washed or dishes. We stayed in the newest cabin called spirit, it was absolutely amazing. Tammy and Kevin did a great job on these cabins and we will return again.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank animals_r_my_world

Reviewed 18 July 2011

This was the best vacation I have ever experienced. I stayed three nights in the Chinook cabin and knew immediately I wanted to stay forever! Unfortunately I could only stay the 3 nights and I think I could have spent the entire time just sitting on my couch or deck looking at the mountains. The serenity is something you can not imagine. The beauty and tranquility is indescribable. It is the most scenic spot I have ever been to - and no doubt I will be back. For at least 5 nights!
As to the lodgings themself - my cabin was clean, neat, well stocked with breakfast fixings, great tea & coffee and the bathroom amenities (soaps, lotions etc) were top notch. Towels were fabulous - thick and luxurious.
The cabins are all well spaced - I only saw other guests down at the pond fly fishing a couple evenings. Never heard them or their vehicles.
BSC will lend you great mountain bikes and advise on some pretty cool trails. I had a brand new bike to ride which was perfect for bouncing along a trail in a cow pasture.
Kevin & Tammy go out of their way to make everything perfect. They answer questions, give suggestions, but are never in your face. WIth the amenities and scenery, I would pay alot more to stay at BSC - it is worth every penny & then some.

Room Tip: BOOK EARLY! I lucked out because of a last minute cancellation but....
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank CowboyUpAlberta
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Stayed in the Chinook Cabin for 3 nights in late June. What an incredible place! Natural beauty, peace, great hosts, and exactly the Montana we've always wanted to experience. Very very special!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fishergal
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We had a great time staying in wonderful cabins. Kevin and Tammy were the best hosts.
Mike and Barb

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank michael-barbara1
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I can't recommend this place enough. Absolute tranquility, heavenly landscapes, wonderful hosts. We found Blue Sky Cabins through Trip Advisor - it was last minute, we were already in Montana and needed somewhere to stay so we could do the Beartooth Pass and drive into Yellowstone when we left. We really wished we could have stayed longer.

I'll be echoing other reviewers here - for us city folk we felt like were in the middle of nowhere and loved seeing the deer/wildlife out our window. Stayed in the Spirit Cabin. Rustic on the outside, luxury on the inside. Very clean. The cabin kitchen was thoughtfully stocked. We went to Red Lodge for dinner one night, cute little town with some surprisingly good restaurants (ie Bridge Creek). The cabins are about 25 min from Red Lodge so it's a little out of the way...but for us it was more than worth the drive, which was in itself beautiful. Overall a very special place. Hopefully we can return some day.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jbsun
Reviewed 4 October 2010

We stayed to have a peaceful home base to go into Yellowstone and loved it! The drive to the park is through the Bearthooth Highway, perhaps the most scenic drive we've ever done (this includes many drives throughout the West (CA, CO, etc) and the European alps!). The scene at the cabins is unparalleled, with a perfect sunset view over undisturbed prairie and dramatic mountains. Overall, we totally loved it and couldn't recommend it more!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leviyant
Reviewed 8 September 2010

We absolutely love Blue Sky Cabins. This was are second visit in two years, both in the summer. The setting is unique - spectacular views of the mountains, beautiful vistas of deer-filled ranch land, access to some of the finest hiking and fishing in the world. We use the cabins as a launch for day hikes and adventures in the wilderness. We rode mountain bikes, fished in the pond and nearby rivers, enjoyed coffee on the porch each morning and evening. The cabins are spectacular. We stayed in "Hold Your Horses" (fun and romantic) and the newest cabin, "Spirit" (a work of art). Yes we'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple