“The Wests best kept secret!!”
Review of Blue Sky Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Lodge
Blue Sky Cabins
Rock Springs, Wyoming
“The Wests best kept secret!!”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My wife and I just celebrated our 14th anniversary at the Granite Cabin and were blown away at the total experience. The cabin was immaculate and very relaxing to hang out in. The views were amazing, and the wildlife was all around. The first night we sat on the back patio and listened to Elk calling. The next day we drove a mile up the road and were able to see the herd of elk that we heard the night before. It was very hard for us to check out and will be back in the future.
Thanks so much Kevin and Tammy.
Tony and Michelle

Room Tip: Granite cabin was amazing and I will stay there again.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bemidji, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We just returned from spending 4 nights at Blue Sky in the Spirit cabin. Once (I) got over the fact that it was too warm and hardly any snow (we are from Minnesota) we sat back and enjoyed the beauty of the cabin and the scenery out our windows. My husband loved the nice weather and all the wildlife right outside the windows. We enjoyed just relaxing, watching TV and movies, and enjoying the hot tub and steam shower - once we figured them out! I don't know the last time I was able to watch a complete movie without interuption - popcorn was even provided! I was, also, able to do abit of reading which I love, WHILE MY HUSBAND WATCHED THE WILDLIFE! We are already planning our next trip back!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank _jrrcrabb
Long Island
Reviewed 21 January 2012

My traveling companion and I chose this location for our three-day trip to Montana because it was off the beaten path. It certainly is! It's quiet and beautiful. We stayed in the spirit cabin and it is simply gorgeous. Well stocked and maintained. It was a great vacation destination! My only nit would be that because my friend and I weren't 'married' or 'in a relationship', we seemed to be treated a little differently than the couples that stay here. Definitely a couples destination.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 15 January 2012

There are 5 cabins on 44 acres 20 minutes outside Red Lodge, MT. We stayed in the Forget-me-not cabin and it was perfect. Wildlife everywhere. Gorgeous views from the picture windows. The owners are friendly and knowledgable of the area! We will return!

• Stayed December 2011
Stanwood, Washington
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We chose this destination for our honeymoon because we both wanted to relax in a rustic mountain setting but didn't want to "rough it" as we would on a camping trip. We were looking for something that I wasn't sure we'd be able to find, until I came across the website for Blue Sky Cabins. The property is surrounded by ranch land at the base of the Beartooth Mountains. You won't find traffic, crowds, noise, or the hustle of urban life. You will find quietude, peace, Montana's ever-changing weather, wildlife right outside your door, luxurious accommodations, beauty, and rest. The town of Red Lodge is about 30 mins away if you're up for a restaurant or some shopping (it's a touristy town). Lots of hiking and places to explore, but aside from wandering the property, a drive into town, and taking a stroll down the road, we spent most of our week there inside our cozy cabin being lazy and comfortable. It snowed while we were there and that was just fine with us. We stayed in the Spirit cabin and loved it. If we return we would try the Granite cabin next. That one has a better view but a very different experience inside (we peeked in the windows since it was empty). This is a great winter escape and I suspect the summer experience would be quite different but equally enjoyable (for example, taking advantage of the patio).

Room Tip: Spend some time exploring the website www.blueskycabins.com before choosing your cabin. Each has it...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2011

22 five star reviews...oh, let's make it 23.
One of the very few places that is everything you'd want it to be.
Not even the slightest inkling of a niggle.
Perfect peace and quiet, beautiful surroundings, delightful cabins with masses of amenities.
No internet coverage, but I'll let you decide if that's a problem or not.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank annwiddecombe2016
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed at Blue Sky Cabins for a well needed getaway weekend...my only wish is that we could have stayed a week! What an amazing treasure we have found, less than 2 hours from home. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2011