“Expensive average sort of place.”
Review of Lupine Inn

Lupine Inn
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Red Lodge
Reviewed 5 July 2014

When I travel on the motorcycle, I am tired and have no need for extra fluff that I will not use anyhow. I need a quiet clean room and bathroom to get clean again and sleep. TV did not work, which is handy to check the weather report. The owner was nice at the desk. Looks like the usual sort of average economy chain motels, which is ok when its clean and quiet. I am not there to see a fashion statement. The price was rather high, but maybe because it is a resort and tourist trap town. Not a bad place to stay, but if I am staying in Red Lodge again, I would try one of the other places as long as I am spending that much.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here with my fiance. We called the hotel directly and booked the room.
got very reasonable rate, rooms were well maintained and cleaned.

Dogart italian was pretty close to the hotel and had good food. Front desk guy was very hard working and taking care of everything.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Not the cleanest our blanket on the bed was dirty so we got a clean one, and the room had looked like there was a fight in it at one time there was no dead bolt on the door it looked as if someone had kicked the door open and broke the lock. The staff was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

No excuse for these problems in a 100+ night room. I got a token rebate after squawking but I feel I still got screwed.. If these dot no feathers are going to buy these shipwrecks they need to hold to a higher standard! Would I stay at a motel that reeks of curry again? No!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had had a bad night, took a wrong turn, got caught in a rain storm, and generally were very tired after a wonderful motorcycle ride through Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. So when we arrived at 11:30pm we were very happy to be greeted by the owner. Yes, as other reviewers have noted this is not a new building and is probably in need of some additional care. However, we were fine with our room and the bed worked for us. As for cleanliness, we did not have any issues. The price was not out of line with what we are accustom to for similar accommodations. When it came to breakfast, it was good and there were a verity of options. The most notable part of our stay was the owner. He was always there to help people and was very friendly. I have no problem in recommending this motel as a "stop for the night." There are other motels in the area and I some would have been nicer (as well as more expensive), but this did fine for us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stood at reception desk for a good 3 minutes before approached. Directed to enter building by a parking lot door, advised use card key, door unsecured, which was same when I entered from dog walk at 6am, although front door was locked. This entrance had a carpet runner which was more 45 degrees, rolls and bumps in several places. While I checked in about 5PM, housekeeping was still in hallway and adjoining rooms, guest towels in several big piles upon floor, later in huge piles by concession area. Paint needed refreshment, large hole in exercise area exterior window, felt like I walked info some property which was just opening for the season, even though this mid-June. So-so experience.

Room Tip: You might ask if the property is secured by functional card key system if security an issue.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jeepdogdad
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Very disappointed . Staying with another couple. Booked in January yet on arrival rooms on different floors. Hotel not busy! Front desk host had poor attitude. Communal entrance to hotel dirty and overall decoration in need of some T L C. Bathrooms in both rooms 112 and 218 dirty.in 218 soiled underwear and other clothes in Wardrobe. No answer from front desk so uplifted and took to front desk. Blamed housekeeping trainee. Gave $10 discount. Poor stale breakfast. Plus side bed comfortable and we're not bitten by bed bugs.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends