“Terrific place to stay”
Review of The Pollard

The Pollard
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Red Lodge
Reviewed 6 February 2012

On a recent ski vacation we stayed at this property. From the minute we checked in until the time we checked out we had a delightful stay. The staff was friendly and attentive. The room was spacious, well appointed and very clean. Great lenghths were taken when this hotel was restored and it was well done. The hotel is 15 minutes from thr ski area and close to Yellowstone. I will stay here again when back in the area and will recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Pollard

Reviewed 19 January 2012

After a day of skiing at Red Lodge, my boyfriend and I decided to stay the night in Red Lodge. I have always wanted to stay at the Pollard, we checked to see if they had vacancies and we were told that we had a few options, they had Historic Queen rooms, which the dstaff admitted were a little small, they had larger Victorian Queen rooms, they had Queen Suites and one King Suite left. She also informed us that each suite came with a jetted tub or steam shower. And furthermore that they were currently holding a special where you could get dinner included in your stay combined with the suite for only a few dollars more than the suite by itself. Needless to say we opted for the suite and dinner deal. We were presented with coupons for dinner, sooup or salad and dessert, coupons for breakfast the next morning and coupons for a store down the street that sells wine, cheese and other yummy foods.
We had a beautiful room over looking the lobby, (sadly we did not hav a window to the outside) The room was MASSIVE. We had two large flat screen TVs, two bathrooms and a HUGE jetted tub.
After getting out of our ski gear we headed down to the store to see what they had and came back with all sorts of artisan cheeses, a bottle of wine and some beer. There are no fridges in the room but it was cold enough outside to leave perishables in the car. We then headed to the onsite pub since my boyfriend LOVE Guiness on tap and I tried a couple of different vodka martinis (One with strawberries and one that was blue) We headed back to the room to await our dinner reservation. Dinner was excellent with WONDERFUL service. Breakfast was delicious as well with once again phenomonal service. W@hat a great place. I would highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Excellent upscale vintage hotel with great staff, excellent food and fun atmosphere!

Room Tip: The jacuzzi suite was worth every penny! Has very nice living room with a very large tub jacuzzi in...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Very nice property located on town's main street. Nice well appointed rooms with a good restaurant and pub on site. Lots of good places to eat and drink nearby. Hotel does have off street parking but those with large SUVs or trucks will find the lot a bit cramped. Staff friendly and efficient, and took very good care of us, we'll be back if in the area again

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Roadgeeks
Reviewed 6 October 2011

The mattresses were very excellent. The rooms included breakfast which is anything off the menu leaving only the tip for the guest to pay. The breakfasts were delicious that I had. I attended a wedding and we received a discounted room. Along with the breakfast it made this hotel a real deal!

The hotel is in the center of town. The dinners were pricey, but there are other places in town to eat. There is a parking lot across the street for customers. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Even though it has been refurbished, the historical quality of the building is in tact. There is a back entrance for handicapped guests.

The receptionist was knowledgeable in things to do in the area. The only flaw I noticed was the thinness of the walls. I could hear a baby crying next door and the mother talking to the baby .

My room, the step above basic was fine. I imagine a smaller room would be hard to get around in.

Across the street is a very fine art gallery carrying pottery from around the US. Worth a look!

I enjoyed my stay there and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I had the step above basic room. It was nice but I had heard so many compliments about this hotel I...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Treat yourself to a lovely hotel experience, as in days gone by.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank emo2010
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I have been a guest here many times. It is always great, staff very nice, facility clean and comfortable with lots of amenities.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
#2 of 10 in Red Lodge
Beartooth River Ranch
Beartooth River Ranch
#1 of 2 in Belfry

Been to The Pollard? Share your experiences!