“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Little River Motel

Little River Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Saint Regis
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were passing through...just left Missoula for a late lunch and are ultimately going to Seattle. We needed a place to stay for the night...and in between Missoula and Spokane hotel rates are astronomically high. We decided to do something wild and crazy and chose The Little River Motel. It was clean and quaint and made us feel like we were camping in a little cabin. There is no AC, the bed wasn't the most comfortable, two flat pillows, and that traffic noise from I-90 woke me up throughout the night. There were no soaps or shampoos in the room and no breakfast...it was basic. There was a TV with basic channels and the super soft and plush towels were a nice surprise. The motel is pet friendly for $10. Average for the money...we paid $70 with a pet. You just need to understand what you are getting here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jessie S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Saint Regis, Montana
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I travel for work and have stayed in many places. Little River was a recommendation from my father who also travels for a living. I can not believe how helpful they are. It is perfect! This time I decided to drive instead of fly from Seattle to North Dakota. After my drive I was exhausted, walked in my cozy room, it was so relaxing and I can start my day with vigor tomorrow. Private settings, quiet, fun, comfortable. Can't say enough except I want to take this place where ever I go. The town down the street, 3 minutes, has everything in a two block radius you could need. They have wi-fi and cell service. (when traveling in Montana you'll know why I mentioned that) If you have the chance stay!! You will be so glad you did.

Room Tip: They are single cabins available. No pool or fitness center but I wasn't needing one.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank packersncheese
Oregon
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Basic facilities, but the price is appropriate and the friendliness of the staff is unbelievable. The bed was comfortable and the place quiet.
Internet connection is via satellite and acceptable for email.
Pets are welcome at $10 extra - and owners are advised to keep them on a leash because of the critters in the forest.
It's a small operation, which contributes to the overall pleasant atmosphere.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SDGraham
Butte, Montana
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Bypass the Super 8 and stay here. Nice staff, very clean, good shower, enjoyed our picnic dinner in their wooded area. (Cool outside art!) Very close to Hiawatha Trail. Nice people and a moose as we left!
Price is right!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank threeamigos59405
Idaho
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is an older motel with cabins. Some of them have been nicly updated. We rented two cabins and where happy to find that there walls seperating the beds. This in not a place that was built last year. Don't expect it. There is no airconditioning or high speed internet. What you do get is a nice clean little cabin with no one walking making noise all night (though the freeway can be heard). There was a kitchen with full sized fridge in each of our cabins. Bathrooms are small but do the job. The owner was very nice. They told us to come pick some strawberries for breakfast from the ones they have growing around the area. What a nice change from the complete lack of hospitality we experinced the night before. We sat out side at a table in the evening playing games and enjoying being outdoors. I would stay again.

Room Tip: The cabin to the east of the checkin has 2 queen beds and a big kitchen.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KayDee32
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We came to visit family and had a blast. The rooms are dated, the place is older, but they were clean! The property is beautiful. The wildlife and fresh air was just what we needed. Staff was amazing, and I found them to be very honest. I forgot my purse in the room and that's something I never do, but when we got back everything was still there. They had come in and cleaned. So ya if your some hoytee toytee then this place probably isn't good enough for you, but for us it was perfect!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Columbus
Reviewed 1 June 2013

This gem is like a northwoods vacation, yet three minutes from the freeway. Great cabin, clean, quiet, comfortable and well furnished. Grounds are spacious and woodsy. Place is truly pet friendly. The price was very reasonable. What a welcome relief from generic motels! It felt so good it was hard to leave.

Room Tip: The larger cabin costs a little more, but it is like having your own small house instead of a motel...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Thompson Falls
Super 8 St. Regis
Super 8 St. Regis
#1 of 3 in Saint Regis

Been to Little River Motel? Share your experiences!