“Chalk up another chicken fried steak favorite”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Seeley Chicken Coop & Lounge
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Seeley Lake
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 July 2014

On our way to Helena, we popped in to the Chicken Coop for a late morning breakfast. Chicken fried steak was the obvious choice and we were not disappointed. Simple, no frills seating. Reasonably sized portions and fresh brewed iced tea were added bonuses as was the cackling rooster who dispenses eggs with toy surprises. A definite stop next time we're headed down "The Swan".

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I had lunch with a friend at the Chicken Coop. My friend ordered a mimosa. The waitress had difficulty finding champagne for it, when she did, she broke the bottle while opening it. She then used the champagne from the broken bottle to make the mimosa! We watched this and when she brought the mimosa, my friend said she didn't feel comfortable drinking it. The waitress swore that all the broken glass ended up in her hand and none was in the drink. When my friend politely asked for something else, the waitress was very rude. The table next to us spoke up and told us and the waitress that she shouldn't drink the mimosa made from the broken bottle as well.The food was overpriced and the fried chicken my friend ordered was soggy. I had the chicken strip salad, which was not great. I had an interesting experience at the Chicken Coop and will NOT return.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The food was just okay. Hubby had a bacon cheeseburger and I had the chicken strips. Both were greasy, nothing special. The waitress was scarce - we didn't see her again after she brought our food. I'm sure there are better and friendlier places in town.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Really good chicken & fries. The place was clean and right in town. I didnt go in the casino or bar area so I can't speak for that.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Ate breakfast at the Chicken Coop. Ordered eggs, hash browns, toast, and coffee. Food was OK.
Prompt service initially, then slow and inattentive service from waitress after receiving food. I also had to get my own coffee refills.