“An idyllic spot in magnificent country”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Seeley Lake
The Lodges on Seeley Lake
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Seeley Lake
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Set on a mountain lake between the Mission and the Swan mountain ranges of Montana, the Lodges at Seeley Lake are the perfect match for their incredible surroundings. Beautifully constructed by hand from local Tamarack, the cabins are simple, elegant, warm, welcoming and nicely furnished. Comfortable beds, modern and high quality baths and full kitchens make this a place I could gladly stay forever. We've stayed in 5 different cabins/duplexes. All are beautiful and quiet. The beach on the lake is great for sunning and swimming, and is ideal for children. The water is calm and shallow. Resort canoes, kayaks and boats are right there. Brian and Kerrie are wonderful hosts. No wonder guests return year after year. We certainly will.

Room Tip: We've stayed in 5 different cabins, and they're all terrific.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 206dvr

Reviewed 11 July 2013

The setting is beautiful. Everything was easy during our week stay. Very laid back and friendly. The unit we were in (the NewYork/Paris) was so cute. Brian and Kerrie have transformed this resort by updating and rebuilding and are currently building a big new lodge on the premises. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MIDEMC
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Going to Seeley Lake for a friends wedding we were fortunate enough to all stay in The Lodges, where the wedding ceremony and reception were taking place.

Upon arrival, we were made feel very welcome, but more importantly, as there were about 60 of us that were all staying in The Lodges, it felt like we were all on holiday together. Everyone in their own groups had their own lodge which helped make the stay even more enjoyable. And especially special was that the wedding was in the same site which made the experience stress-free for all guests.

The location is amazing and exactly the type of place to unwind and recharge the mental and physical batteries.

The Lodge I stayed in was called 'Logger' and housed 5 of us. Considering we were only using our log cabin to rest and store our belongings it was ideal for the 3 nights. However, if I was to return for a proper retreat then I would go to a more suitable lodge. Our cabin had one room with a bunk bed in it, the main room had a double bed, 2 piece suite and television and kitchen. I stayed in the loft 'room' which was accessed by a ladder and was over the kitchen with no closure so once anyone was awake then so was I. I chose this for my sleeping option in an attempt to live out my 'Little House on the Prairie' fantasy. Thankfully I am a solid sleeper so wasn't disturbed much. The Logger lodge lacked storage, wardrobes or shelves so we all lived out of our suitcases for the three days, which was probably my only complaint. The kitchen was well equipped with dish washer, sink, fridge, cupboards with all delf/crockery and cutlery provided. The sitting room had a gas fire which was great for the evening as the weather was enjoyable during the day but chilly in the evenings.

Some condiments were provided and bed clothing and towels (as well as shower gel and shampoo) were provided. A hairdryer was also available.

The lodges overall are so tranquil and the perfect getaway. There are kayaks and a little beach and the landscape is breathtaking. It is an ideal place for a family with children of any age. The town of Seeley Lake is about 2 minutes drive (but a necessary drive as the walk is quite long) and has a gorgeous gift store with a very friendly lady, Deirdre, ready to answer any questions and help. They also have great chai and cookies as well as great gifts to bring home to your loved ones. There are several restaurants, a bank, a store and hardware store that provide pretty much anything.

If Montana wasn't so far for me to travel from Ireland to I would definitely try to go back next year. But I definitely do want to return.

The Lodges at Seeley Lake are a must-experience. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Try to have a bedroom rather than taking a main room with a double bed in it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank littleworldwanderer
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We were given the great opportunity to spend three glorious nights in a cabin by the lake. Watching the deer graze within 20 ft. of the cabin and feeding the squirrels raw peanuts was very relaxing and fun. Going out on the lake was beautiful. And we look forward to visiting again soon. If you're there to fill the cabin full of stuff, this isn't for you. But if you want to get back to nature and enjoy the wildlife and the down home hospitality, you'll love it!

Room Tip: Any of the cabins is a wonderful adventure!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheryl M
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at Seeley Lake with our friend and his parents. The Lodge has special meaning to our friend and his family - they have been spending family vacations at Seeley Lake annually for roughly 50 years. Loved the size of the lake - not too big and you can boat around the entire lake. Waters are calm and warm. We stayed in the Lookout cabin - it has a single bedroom apartment downstairs and a separate bedroom apartment upstairs. We stayed in the upstairs apartment. The unit was clean, bed was comfortable, and it had a good size kitchen. Our kids spread out in the living room easily. The Lodge has a boat dock and swimming area. They also had a few paddle boats, canoes, etc. for our use, and our kids had fun taking out the water craft. Although they have an outdoor table and chairs, I found it very difficult to hang outside in the evening without loading up on repellant. There were lots of mosquitos, and I am a mosquito magnet (which is why I couldn't give it the highest rating). We did enjoy watching the deer wandering through the Lodge in the evenings.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My family and I have been vacationing at the lake for many years. Brian and Kerry have made tremendous improvements to the property since they purchased it but I feel it is overpriced for the area. There is a nice boat dock, swimming area and small sandy beach. No seating is provided at the beach and some cabins don't have enough outside seating. I rent a 4 person cabin but it only has two chairs. Also I wouldn't call a mattress on the floor in a loft area that is about four feet tall a "bed" for anyone over 8 years old. The bed linens are nice but the log beds and furniture are quite uncomfortable and the staff is kind of stingy with the towels. They also do not provide any service throughout your stay such as housekeeping or sundry replacement. The kitchenware is also in need of replacement/replenishment in many of the cabins as items get lost or broken. I feel for $200.00+ a day The Lodges is overrated. Additionally, watch out for the kids tearing down the path in the golf cart!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Debie2004
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Our five nights started in late September in the Paris cabin. We had a beautiful view of the lake. The Paris is for 2 people only. The kitchen is very tiny but well stocked for the limited space. The living room tub is very inviting. This unit has no closet space if you are planning an extended stay. The cabins could be rated from very good to needing repairs. I would make sure that you made your needs very well known before you arrive.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MillieColville

Been to The Lodges on Seeley Lake? Share your experiences!