“You get what you pay for....I should of known better”
Review of Totem Motel

Totem Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shelby
Totem Motel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Shelby
Monee, Illinois
“You get what you pay for....I should of known better”
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I decided to spend the night in Shelby Montana on my way to Glacier National Park after a long day driving. On my GPS was a list of hotels. I called the Totem and asked if they had rooms available. They did and when I asked how much I was told $39.00. I arrived to a very old, very outdated motel dated probably from the 50's. After a long day on my motorcycle I just wanted a place to sleep. I probably should of kept going after I saw the shape of the place, but I didn't. The door to the room barely closed and locked. No double bolt. A huge crack in the only window with tape over it. Filthy, dirty carpet, one light on the ceiling and when I turned on the shower, rusty water came out of the showerhead!
On a good note the tv worked fine, I didn't see any bugs in the room and the bed wasn't all that bad. I guess all this explains why I was the only one staying here. Also there's nothing at all in the area except a grocery store across the street where I bought some snacks for my room.
Everyone know I like adventure. If you only have $39.00 to spend for a room and are desperate then this is your place. If ever in the area again I would choose someplace else.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
5 Thank Aerowing

Travellers are raving about these Shelby hotels

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelby
Comfort Inn Shelby
O'Haire Manor Motel & Apartments
Motel 6
Motel 6
#6 of 7 in Shelby

Been to Totem Motel? Share your experiences!