“OK for a small town.”

Dixie Inn Lounge & Dining Room
Ranked #7 of 15 Restaurants in Shelby
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OK for a small town.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

My first impression wasn't good as it's a very dark atmosphere. Visited on Mothers Day so the special buffet was pricey, although it was an all-you-can-eat seafood buffet. The staff are what make it, our server Brenda was WONDERFUL and very personable. If we were ever to be in the area again I would stop in.

• Visited May 2014

Helena, Montana
“Fair, but few other choices in the area.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

The menu is extensive and rather pricey. The back page lists sandwiches and burgers. I had a burger and fries. The burger was average. The fries were soggy. Service was good, but we were the only people in the dining room. There are not many other places to eat in the area.

Visited February 2014
Billings, Montana
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I loved the service and staff, however the food was overpriced. For myself alone and the chicken dinner it was 30 bucks. I didn't get any extras. I probably wouldn't go back there for the food, but the service was great.

Visited October 2013
Whitefish, Montana
“Went downhill?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I was told this was, at least in the past, the best place to eat in Shelby. Maybe I picked a bad night but I was not impressed. Ordered shrimp that had obviously sat in a warming bin for a while. The salad bar wasn't very good at all. Very disappointing.

Visited September 2013
Belgrade, Montana
“Old time feeling dining room & server too”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

This is an old place that either locals or people from the RV go to.
The food not bad, actually. Great salad bar, homemade soups, the potato soup is excellent!
We oppted for the nightly steak special. Not such a good choice. The server was spot on letting the cook know that the meat was not the usual she served. She asked if we wanted to re order, it wasn't necessary. The salad bar and soup were very well prepared, Wine served from a box, not bad.
The server has obviously been there for decades. She was floating around the dining room like she was at home. Quite a kickto watch in this dim dining room. I would definatly order the fried chicken which seemd to be popular and for sure the soup and salad.

• Visited August 2013