“Best local place to eat in Shelby”
Review of The Griddle

The Griddle
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Shelby
Seattle, Washington
“Best local place to eat in Shelby”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This is such a small town. The food was decent and prices were as expected. I'd get the home made soup if I were you! Burgers are good too. Onuon rings are delish. Could take or leave the salads. We would stop again if passing through.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kate M

Houston, Texas
“Keep Driving”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I always imagine a small town diner serving up home-cooked comfort food, hamburgers with deliciously buttered grilled buns and savory meat, refreshing hot and cold drinks, and mouth-watering pies. That's what I was expecting when we chose - out of Shelby's meager offerings - The Griddle for a mid-afternoon meal. I'd set myself up for disappointment. The hamburger was flavorless - the meat seemed to have been pulled straight from a stack of frozen Costco hamburger patties, and the bun wasn't even warm; the salad was mediocre, as if it had been poured pre-packaged from a plastic bag; and, although I'd ordered Coca-Cola and was assured that it was, my drink tasted like Pepsi. We arrived about an hour before closing and evidently just after the lunch rush because the staff, although extremely friendly, seemed quite tired. Actually, not only the staff seemed tired - the cafe itself looked tired - I love vintage and retro establishments, but this decor hadn't had many, if any, improvements since the 70's. I've been in lots of small-town cafes that, even if not HGTV-worthy, have been "touched up" and made attractive over the years - not The Griddle. On the positive side, we had no complaints about the service - very helpful (although a little overly optimistic about the menu offerings), personable, and friendly. If you're traveling through Shelby, Montana, close to mealtime, my advice is to keep driving. Or be sure you eat in Great Falls before you get to Shelby. The people - in the cafe, on the street, at the gas station - are very friendly, but the dining choices are non-existent.

Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“Good staff and Food, could be better”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great Ham with the special. Putting spoons on a table w/o a napkin sort of feels unsanitary.
The string beans seemed out of a can and the hash browns were really flat. No seasoning on anything. Coffee was the best and so was the staff. Most likely other meals are excellant but the spoons on the bare table?? The meat gravy and biscuit were excellent. Here in Montana it seems as a do things for yourself type of place to us. You go get your napkins and cutlery. The spoons came with the coffee as we didn't know to get it ourself.

Shelby, Montana
“great place”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a great place for breakfast but also they have great daily specials with homemade soup everyday. Ate lunch there Monday and Had the special that was a enchilada casserole. it was fantastic!!

Conrad, Montana, United States
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My friend from work(Corrections corporation of America) told me to order sausage gravy with my omelete. I was never big on sausage gravy but i ordered it. It was fantastic. I poured the gravy all over the omelete and i would probally do it again. So if you are a fan of sausage gravy, i recommend you order some when you come to the Griddle in Main st Shelby. The service was good. I had a burger there one time and it was very good. Burgers at other places are sometimes alittle dry but this was excellent.

• Visited February 2014