“Nice room for the money”
Review of Comfort Inn Shelby

Comfort Inn Shelby
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Shelby
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hudson Iowa
“Nice room for the money”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Check in was fast and friendly. Room was nice and clean. Nice looking pool and exercise room. Even had a casino and bar attached. The only complaint I have is the bed. I like a soft mattress, but I think this one needed to be retired. It was like a sway backed horse.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Steve B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Shelby, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Joel M: Thanks for your review and letting us know about your bed. Please call me at your earliest convienence at 406-434-2212, and we discuss which room you were in. We'll definitely retire the old sway back horse mattress! Hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Iowa
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My husband and stayed at the Comfort Inn Shelby on our way to Canada. It is a VERY nice hotel having been recently renovated. The rooms are modern and nicely furnished. It has about the nicest breakfast area I have ever seen in a Comfort and offered eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, waffles, cereal, pastries, etc. There were 2 very nice ladies taking care of the breakfast area and kept everything replenished and tables cleaned. The Staff were very friendly and accommodating.

A very pleasant and worthwhile experience. Stay at the Comfort when in Shelby.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WDMTraveler
WDMTraveler: On behalf of our entire staff i would like to thank you for your kind review and comments about our breakfast staff. The ladies work very well toghter and love to visit with the guests. they are truely an asset to our facility. I hope you had a safe and enjoyable trip.
Shelby, Montana
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband and I are truck drivers we delivered in Alberta canada and after crossing the USA border we stayed at comfort inn in Shelby Montana , we are from California everyone was delightful accommodations were excellent room was great a little bit of problem with the reception of t.v which they did try to fix the maids did a wonderful job at cleaning our room they actually changed the sheets I have not seen that anywhere else and I've traveled the whole United States. The continental breakfast was great the ladies made sure to keep everything stocked which is also the first I've seen. This hotel is top notch in my opinion and if I ever come back to this part of Montana this will be the first hotel I consider! The rate for which we paid was $75. 00 plus tax but for what you are getting its a bargain. They also have an indoor pool w/jacuzzi. I give this hotel a solid 10!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Breanna G
Steve B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Shelby, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Breanna G:Thank you for your review and the mentioning the exceptional service you recieved from our housekeeping staff. They really apprciate it when they are recognized for their efforts.Our staff in the breakfast area go above and beyond when it comes to Guest satiafaction and they are extremely friendly to our guests. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and hope to see you again soon!
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We drove with pets from WA to MT, SDakota and back. We book pet friendly budget hotels for a road trip to Sturgis and Mt. Rushmore. La Quinta gets a B+ for pets and pet area and the rooms get an A, Stayed there in Spokane and Great Falls, Mt. Super 8 in Mt. Rushmore would not allow pets and room and bed was a B. Rodeway Inn in Harding, Mt. gets a B for both.
Breakfast was included in all of these, but La Quinta had a full warm breakfast. A for their breakfast...others...not so good.

Last and best sleep was in Shelby on the way home through Glacier. WOW...best price, best beds, great pet friendly areas (did not charge as advertised $10 per pet) Can say enough of the location.....actually off the freeway. NO NOISE. Recently redone and clean, clean, clean.
We were weary travelers by the time we got here and it was the best of the best. Pool and hot tub,...GREAT SPOT IN SHELBY. Short drive then to Canada or Glacier.

Room Tip: 1st floor for pets. All newly redecorated. Great bath.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LeeAnnPYEATT
LeaAnn Pyeatt: On behalf of our entire team here at the Comfort Inn, I can't tell you enough how much it means to all of us when we get complimented in such a gracious way! All of our staff here take tremendous pride in our facility. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and when we recieve comments such as yours, it motivates us even more to provde this service to each and every guest that stay with us. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!
Jasper, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Very modern and up to date hotel. The room price was very reasonable. Great beds, slept like a baby. Love the decor! Highly recommend this hotel. Only 30 or so miles from the Canadian/US border. Nice TV and great working wifi.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sam S: Thank you for kind remarks and for staying with us. We have had many compliments on the comfort of our beds. We have completely remodeled our facility and are working hard to keep it up to date and clean for all of our guests!
Calgary
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The hotel looks nice from the outside and on photos but what I experienced in the room was completely different. I arrived at 11pm and went to check-in. Staff was extremely unfriendly, didn't care at all for my arrival and made a gigantic deal out of every small request that I made and took forever to check me in. The lobby looked very nice and renovated. I went up to my room on the 3rd floor and when I entered it, the room had a very nasty old, musty smell. The same went for my parent's room. The room is very poorly lit and didn't feel good. Carpet had stains and wasn't clean at all. TV service was staticy and I never experienced this at any hotel or motel before. My bed sheet had some stains on it and the room needed a good dusting. Everything was very old and dirty and was below par of cheap motels. Had hairs in my bathtub and sink. My parent's room wasn't as bad but also had a nasty smell and dirt in places. The bed and pillow was very uncomfortable and A/C made a bad rattling noise so I had to turn it off, open the window (room backs onto I-15) and listen to big trucks right below my window the whole night. The breakfast is bad and has much less selection than every other Choice Hotel. "Hot" food was cold for the most part and there was a shortage of tables in the breakfast area. Got my stuff and left the hotel as quickly as possible. 2 generous stars only because there were no bed bugs and I didn't get robbed. Don't make the mistake that I made and just go to the Best Western across the street or a cheap motel. Price is crazy, service is awful, rooms are dirty,dark and smelly, do you want to stay at this not-so comfortable, "comfort" inn?

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank YYC_WORLDWIDE
YYC_WORLDWIDE: On behalf of the entire Comfort Inn team, I would personally like to apologize for your less than comfortable stay. We pride ourselves in trying to provide superior customer service and regretably you did not recieve this. If you would please call me personally at 406-434-2212, I would be more than happy to discuss any of your concerns! Guest satisfaction is priority #! and we will definetly work hard to regain your faith and confidence in our Comfort Inn.
Vantaa, Finland
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

+ desk space & lots of free power outlets in the room
+ hot tub
+ shower with proper water heat adjustments
+ fast wifi
+ overall atmosphere of the hotel
+ breakfast

We arrived late in the evening, in the middle of a thunderstorm. We were greeted in the lobby and checked in promptly. First impression of our surroundings was a good one, a really clean, modern and spacious hotel. Our room was wonderful, lots of desk and drawer space, flat-screen tv, fast wifi & neat bathroom with a good shower. Pool area was open to adults 24/7 and so we had a good late night relaxation in the hot tub (turns on from the timer on the pool room wall).

Well worth the more than reasonable price, if you're headed to or coming from the Glacier NP!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Cattis26
Steve B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Shelby, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Cattis 26: By the sound of your gracious comments you may have arrived in a thunderstorm, but hopefully we brightened your evening by offering you a truly inviting stay with us at the Comfort Inn! It nice to relax in our hot tub after driving in such conditions. It was nice that by morning the sun had come out and hopefully you had a better drive when left and when you came!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelby
Best Western Shelby Inn & Suites
#6 of 7 in Shelby
Super 8 Conrad
Super 8 Conrad
#1 of 2 in Conrad

Been to Comfort Inn Shelby? Share your experiences!