Pine Edge Cabins
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Silver Gate
See available hotels
View Hotel
Cooke City Alpine(Cooke City)
View Hotel
Soda Butte Lodge(Cooke City)
View Hotel
Big Moose Resort(Cooke City)
View Hotel
Dunraven Lodge(Yellowstone National Park)
View Hotel
Cascade Lodge(Yellowstone National Park)
View Hotel
All reviewspine edgefront porchbisongeneral storelamar valleycooke cityfull kitchennortheast entrancegas stoveyellowstone national parkhenrycabinscopebearmiledrivekitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed at the Pine Edge Cabins for 2 nights recently and we absolutely loved it. The cabins had everything we needed, including a great view from the front porch and fire pits outside. I especially loved the fact that I could walk down to the General Store for locally roasted, fresh ground coffee, a great selection of local beers and other "essentials." I even got to see a Mountain Goat on a spotting scope they had set up outside the office. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank jmatzko
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We had three cabins for a week and simply loved them. They were clean, well appointed and spacious with a real cabin feel. Kitchens were well equipped and bathrooms were roomy enough with shower, sink and toilet. My hair dryer died at Old Faithful and Pine Edge had one in the office for my stay. We moved two tables together and did most of our cooking on the grill which was supplied and we had nightly smores on the firepit. Management and staff were great and very helpful. We will definitely return. This was my 23 trip to the Yellowstone area to vacation and this vacation will be remembered as one of the best.

Room Tip: Pine edge cabins will give you a view of the mountains. Whispering Pines are in the pines near the Soda Butte creek. Both are great. We had cabins at both places which are within walking distance of each other. We saw deer daily and had a pretty little gray fox visit at night. Plus a bison walked through occasionally.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank happyBeloit_Wi
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed in the cheapest cabin very basic, the electric outlets only take 2-prong, The lock on the door (a small key/padlock) barely fit.
... great place to meet other travellers, very nice staff.
Right outside the northeast Yellowstone gate.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank matthewra
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I didn't stay in the cabins, but wanted to share my experiences with the Manager and business partner, Henry. I was in the park when I hit a rock off on the side. I took a sizeable chunk of plastic off the bottom and side near the wheel well. I limped back to Silver Gate, and it was after 8 P.M. I didn't have a lot of hope that anything could be done. I saw that the General Store was still open, so I asked if anyone in Cooke City was a mechanic. Rather than just say no, or pass me off to someone else, Henry stopped what he was doing to come over and help. He got right down under the car and moved the surviving pieces of plastic back into place. He then went to his shop and got some zip ties to hold it back together. It worked great! You'd notice something if you looked, but everything sounded fine when it ran. When I returned it to the car rental, they didn't even see it.
If that wasn't enough, he lent me a spotting scope and pair of binoculars for the next day after I spent the rest of the evening showing families bighorn sheep through one of his scopes set up outside. I was able to share an osprey nest, a grizzly bear and cub, and a den of coyote pups with people all day.
Henry turned what would have been a terrible moment into one of the best experiences I've had in a long time. Please stop on by if you're in Silver Gate. He has a lot of knowledge of the park, and can help customize good plan for individuals or families.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank Adriana W
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed at one of the cabins a little over 10 years ago and didn't forget the place. The cabin was great and in a great location but what made the place unforgettable was the owner. I was a little low on cash when I arrived so he said just mail him the money for the room when I got back home (which I did). I told him I was going to drive up in the mountains for some sightseeing and he asked me if I wanted to borrow his binoculars! I had my own pair already but it was a nice gesture. It's pretty rare to be treated that well anywhere else these days. If I ever get back to the Yellowstone area someday, Pine Edge Cabins would be the first choice on my list for a place to stay.

Also, the drive up to this place on the Beartooth Highway from Red Lodge is out of this world. Would definitely recommend visiting the area.

The "When did you travel" box for this review gives a limited time frame for dates so I filled it in as July 2012. My travel date was actually in the summer of 2002.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo