Pine Edge Cabins
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Silver Gate
See available hotels
View Hotel
Cooke City Alpine(Cooke City)
View Hotel
Soda Butte Lodge(Cooke City)
View Hotel
Big Moose Resort(Cooke City)
View Hotel
Dunraven Lodge(Yellowstone National Park)
View Hotel
Cascade Lodge(Yellowstone National Park)
View Hotel
All reviewspine edgefront porchbisongeneral storelamar valleycooke cityfull kitchennortheast entrancegas stoveyellowstone national parkhenrycabinscopebearmiledrivekitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2013

If you want a place to share nature, this is it. My husband stayed in Silver Gate
#3 this past August for a week. I really could have stayed another week. The staff is awesome. I wish I was there now with the snow, etc. I will be coming back next week. I might say that I have traveled the world and yes, I have stayed in better places, but this was the most serene place that you can find.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Charlotte T
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Very basic yet very spacious cabins. Only one diner nearby (nice one though).

We had two double beds, dining table with kitchenette. Bathrooms seemed clean but sheets were not (I started coughing immediately while I was sitting on the bed). The shower is so tiny you'll hit the walls when you turn. No toiletries are provided (except a tiny hand soap). Previous guest's trash wasn't cleared when we checked in. When I saw that I began to doubt if the towels were clean but clever of them to provide dark green towels which camouflages any stains etc. No tv, wifi, hair dyer, safe etc. So be prepared. It works for one night though.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank andrea_cornel
Reviewed 19 September 2013

After a long day in the Beartooth Mountains we went to the General Store and got our keys for Cabin #10 (The 'Love Shack' - it's our 40th anniversary)
It is only a short drive from the store, but you drive past abandoned cabins, rusting cars and equipment to get to the cabins. A scene out of Deliverance.
We thought the worst, but found cabin #10 to very very cozy, very quiet, and just the thing to get you in the rustic living mode we would be in for a couple of weeks. The quiet is almost unsettling. No crickets, no frogs, no bird sounds.
Henry and Vickie in the store are exceptionally friendly and loaned a hair dryer since we had not packed one. The cabin has a fridge, stove, queen bed, toilet & shower. Ouside is a propane grill and fire ring. There is a back sitting deck facing the creek. Did I mention the quiet?
We would certainly stay here again - it was a nice start to our trip.

Room Tip: #10 is certainly the quietest and most remote from other cabins. Dismiss the stuff on the drive in - it is just stuff.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tridcod
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed with Pine Edge Cabin I was surprised at how well equipped the cabin kitchens were, however was somewhat disappointed over all with the cabin, pictures are very deceiving, I would have like to have seen the grounds better kept as well. The wild life experience was great all kinds of critters to see and hear. If you are looking to get away this is the place, but if you are looking at a place close to attractions of the park I would recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank kristig03
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We found Pine Edge Cabins/Silver Gate Lodging quite by accident while planning our recent trip to Yellowstone. Staying at the cabins and wolf watching with Doug and his group was definitely the highlight of our trip. The cabin was clean, perfectly stocked and the hospitality of the folks at the store was amazing. We rented the Swarovski scope/camera combo that they offer and absolutely loved it! It was our first trip time to visit, but will not be our last.... we're already planning a return trip in late spring. If there was any one thing that might have been nice, it would have been a hot tub. Internet service was spotty at best, but we were aware of this before we ever left home. The two nights we spent at Pine Edge Cabins was, by far, the best two nights of our 10-day trip. Thanks to Doug and the crew for a fabulous experience!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family