“Manageable as its so close to the NE gate of Yellowstone”
Review of Pine Edge Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Silver Gate
Pine Edge Cabins
“Manageable as its so close to the NE gate of Yellowstone”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed there 3 nights and the location is quiet and tranquil, and very convenient if you are visiting Yellowstone through the NorthEast Entrance. We stayed at the Pine Edge Cabin 3- the cabin was average, had most of the amenities except for a microwave which would have been very useful, though the silverware was minimum, and the cups and plates were used-up and old.
I was a bit disappointed with the cabin, as the pictures somewhat are deceiving. My guess "the silver gate cabins" may be newer and the pictures used in the website are of those, and probably you will have a better experience renting one of the newer cabins.The Cabin 3 is a bit old, dark in side (could use better lighting), and the floors were sticky near the kitchen and in the toilet, the toilet was very crammed, hardly can turn around without knocking something out, and the toilet ball was WAY TOO close to the wall, and can not sit properly. We found a BIG blob of hair (not ours) in the shower and that was very disappointing.
The Lady who checked us in was helpful, polite and accommodated us with an extra mattress. Overall its an minimal OK stay, manageable as its so close to the NE gate of Yellowstone, so Im giving 3 instead of 2.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank dharshinig2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 March 2014

First time I stayed here, but I hope to return for another stay during my next annual winter trip to Yellowstone. Doug (owner) provided helpful hints for wildlife viewing and was a very congenial host. Accommodations were great--warm, clean, hot shower, nice kitchenette, comfortable bed and a red fox on the front porch to welcome me home from dinner (Miner's Saloon--Cooke City) every night! Cabin #3 was a wonderful part of this year's "Yellowstone Therapy Session"

D. Price
Perkasie, PA

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank DHPrice
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My sister, my little niece, and I vacationed this spot. The people were VERY friendly and inviting! It was reasonably priced and very accommodating, not to mention the stunning mountains all around you! The beds were very comfortable, and the whole experience, especially the owners, were just plain awesome! They also have communal campfires at nighttime that promise a great time! Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank LawrWood
Oxford, Mississippi
Reviewed 7 October 2013

If you want a place to share nature, this is it. My husband stayed in Silver Gate
#3 this past August for a week. I really could have stayed another week. The staff is awesome. I wish I was there now with the snow, etc. I will be coming back next week. I might say that I have traveled the world and yes, I have stayed in better places, but this was the most serene place that you can find.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Charlotte T
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Very basic yet very spacious cabins. Only one diner nearby (nice one though).

We had two double beds, dining table with kitchenette. Bathrooms seemed clean but sheets were not (I started coughing immediately while I was sitting on the bed). The shower is so tiny you'll hit the walls when you turn. No toiletries are provided (except a tiny hand soap). Previous guest's trash wasn't cleared when we checked in. When I saw that I began to doubt if the towels were clean but clever of them to provide dark green towels which camouflages any stains etc. No tv, wifi, hair dyer, safe etc. So be prepared. It works for one night though.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank andrea_cornel
NJ
Reviewed 19 September 2013

After a long day in the Beartooth Mountains we went to the General Store and got our keys for Cabin #10 (The 'Love Shack' - it's our 40th anniversary)
It is only a short drive from the store, but you drive past abandoned cabins, rusting cars and equipment to get to the cabins. A scene out of Deliverance.
We thought the worst, but found cabin #10 to very very cozy, very quiet, and just the thing to get you in the rustic living mode we would be in for a couple of weeks. The quiet is almost unsettling. No crickets, no frogs, no bird sounds.
Henry and Vickie in the store are exceptionally friendly and loaned a hair dryer since we had not packed one. The cabin has a fridge, stove, queen bed, toilet & shower. Ouside is a propane grill and fire ring. There is a back sitting deck facing the creek. Did I mention the quiet?
We would certainly stay here again - it was a nice start to our trip.

Room Tip: #10 is certainly the quietest and most remote from other cabins. Dismiss the stuff on the drive in...