Silver Gate Cabins
Cooke City Alpine(Cooke City)
US$159
Soda Butte Lodge(Cooke City)
US$170
Agoda.com
US$196
TripAdvisor
US$172
US$125
Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs(Gardiner)(Great Value!)
US$310
Cancelon
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins(Yellowstone National Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswhispering pinesgeneral storeacross the streetbisonthese cabinslamar valleyfull kitchencooke cityspotting scopelog cabinfire pitne entrancemain storeyellowstone parktwo week tripbest decision we madespent nights
Reviewed 19 June 2013

First I want to make it clear that the "Silver Gate Cabins" have 3 different cabin groups, Pine Edge, Silver Gate and Whispering Pines. This review is on the Whispering Pines (#3, in particular), only. I have no knowledge of the condition of the other cabins. This was by far one of our worst vacation lodging experiences in our lives. This cabin, itself, is very very small. There are no chairs just 3 small benches. The lock for the door is a very old latch that you put a small "master lock" type of lock on it and lock it with the key. There are nail tips protruding from the roof into the interior of the cabin. (so if you're very tall, be aware) The curtains in the sleeping area barely cover the windows (2) and the curtain in the bathroom only covers half the window. You will need to put a towel over it, to have any privacy while showering or using the toilet. The carpet was very worn and dirty. The box springs on both beds was ripped and dirty. The mattresses themselves were quite saggy. The one bed you literally fell into the middle. The one we slept on you rolled to the middle. This bed had a plywood board between the ripped up box springs and the mattress. The comforter had a sticky substance on it (sap from the ceiling ?) A wasp or bee type stinging insect slept in the room the first night along with the spider. The cabin is not sealed. Smoke from the firepits of the cabins on each side came into our cabin. I got a sinus infection from this. we stayed 3 nights, no pick up of the dirty towels that we left on the floor, (as is suggested) but they did dump trash cans. We so wanted this to work that is why we stayed 3 nights--we were booked for 5. I couldn't stay--we left. I will say the manager and staff were very apologetic, very nice They did refund our 2 nights ,as we had paid for all 5 nights in advance. There were only 2 reviews that I had found on this cabin, and I went ahead and booked against my better judgement. I won't do that again. The bathroom is ok, just small.

Room Tip: Maybe try one of their other cabins, but really ask a lot of questions.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gvaeva
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I searched on line and saw that they had 4 cabins available, so I called up and spoke with a man who said that they had already rented out too many rooms for that weekend, (July 19th, 20th, 2013), and wouldn't rent anymore out because it wasn't worth it for him since we didn't want to stay for longer than just the weekend.
...............Say What????????????.....................
That's the first time in my life I've come across a place of business that rents rooms for a living, that won't rent a room because he thinks it's too much of a hassle.
Well,................... At least I know where NOT to call the next time I'm needing a room while up at Yellowstone.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Stryker M
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Beautiful cabins in a great location with excellent friendly staff, at the General Store. This was one of the few reservations we made prior to our 3 week roadtrip, and it had me a little worried. Sometimes cabins can be a little rough, not these. Our's was a true log cabin, but with all the amenities. Beautifully decorated and great beds. Not huge, but two very nice beds, good little kitchen, and nice bathroom. We only stayed one night but would love to go back and stay for awhile. Don't miss the Log Cabin Cafe across the street for late night snacks or breakfast. Be sure and save time for a drive up the Beartooth Highway.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank RichwithGirls
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Great set of cabins just outside of Yellowstone Nat'l Park. Really nicely done, friendly and knowledgable owner (Doug), reasonably priced. We visited in the dead of winter and were so thankful for the great heat in the cabin. Also it's great that this is three miles from Cooke City where snowmobiles roar loudly everywhere. We really appreciated the peace and quiet of the cabin. Beware that there is no cell service either in Silver Gate or Cooke City. But there was some basic wifi at the cabin which we used to download email.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Docterloeb
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We stayed in Silver Gate cabins in early September. After bailing out on our prepaid cabin in Cooke City because it was so run down - Silver Gate cabins came to our rescue. The cabin we had was very clean and well maintained. The guy who helped us - a foreign exchange student from the Czech Republic I think - could not have been nicer or more helpful. It is a B&B so breakfast came with the room and it was phenomenal! Trout and eggs and great coffee in the restaurant associated with the cabin. The whole experience was excellent and was one of the best values of our entire two week trip to Montana and Wyoming. The only caveat is that the bathroom and shower is in a separate building right next to the cabin. Turned out to be absolutely no problem though. Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple