Three friends and I went snow hiking the morning with them: it was really cool! They showed us around, we hiked for a few hours! We had fun and saw beautiful scenary!
We booked this trip through Trip Advisor to Stay August 3-6 2017. BJ and Jolee were very helpful with all my questions! The house was clean and provided everything we needed for our stay while visiting the Flathead Lake & Glacier National Park. Three bedrooms that were set apart from each other and 2 bathrooms we great. We booked a Kayak tour with them and it was awesome. They were also able to point us to Mo Fish to book a fishing trip. They also gave us pointers on where to eat and where to hike. The house is within walking distance of Flathead Lake and there is a bar and cafe within walking distance! While we didn't utilize the outside deck it was nice and had ample seating and a grill. It was a little noisy, but again plenty of space! If your looking to be tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Flathead Lake this is a great place!
Worst vacation rental I've ever had! - READ BEFORE PURCHASE!!!
Granted, there were wrongs on both sides here (keep reading, I'll explain), what Bj and Joli did was not only ignorant, disrespectful, and shady, it was close to criminal.
Long story short: I booked this rental for our buddy's bachelor party and the original booking was for 6-8 . We had 13 stay the night, and probably 20 filter throughout the house while we were partying. No damages, no strippers, no drugs, no noise complaints, no cops, not one person even told us to keep it down - a very tame bachelor party by anyone's standards.
1) THEY USED A VIDEO CAMERA TO MONITOR US WITHOUT US KNOWING!!!!! when called out, he claimed it was "because it was above the front door it is public domain and that's why he didn't have to tell us about it"...considering the context here, this is not only creepy, it's borderline illegal, if not completely illegal (he used it to monitor our activity and as a main reason for kicking us out).
2) NO DAMAGE TO THE HOUSE AND THEY CHARGED US THE ENTIRE $500 DEPOSIT!!!. - they even acknowledged this in writing when I was disputing the charge, but refused to budge. They claimed cleaning charges, but literally gave us 10 minutes to leave, so we never even had a chance to take out the trash.
3) CHARGED ME FOR AN EXTRA DAY - The asked us to leave on the 1st day, and tried to make some deal that they would only give me 1 days refund and charge me the entire deposit because that what they felt was "fair"
1) Their rental business is literally attached to it!...Have fun trying to have a relaxing family vacation when the parking lot is your driveway.
2) The house is on the highway next to the lake - literally on the highway - like 15ft - it's loud
3) It looks like it was furnished at ROSS - considering they claim "thousands of dollars of art on the wall", I think anyone with a taste for art would recognize the IKEA products.
I chatted with this delightful and energetic couple yesterday..we are super excited for this new venture for them and assure you paddling in Somers Bay will be great fun as will any one of the bike,hike,snowshoe etc adventures they have in mind to hodt you for. Nearby Soners Bay Cafe is epic and tgey gave a weekly farmer market that appeals in summer..even occasional street dance! Check dates available right away..this one will be hot! Kelly