“Fun, funky hotel, accomodating management”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stevensville
The Stevensville Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stevensville
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fun, funky hotel, accomodating management”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Bonnie Springs, the manager, is an artist who painted our suite with alerting, highly saturated colors. This small hotel c. 24 guest hotel is a retrofitted former frontier hospital from c. 1900 decorated with a mélange of eye-catching objects d'art. The public walls feature Bonnie's paintings, a Polynesian plaque and tons more. For $120 a night we get a deep, yellow-green bedroom, a slate gray sitting room/kitchen and a cobalt blue bathroom. We can help ourselves to food in the common, downstairs kitchen and have enjoyed the old books. The hotel principal,, Gene, did our laundry and delivered it to our room. The Stevensville Hotel lies but a few steps from Main St, which is decorated by among other things, some pleasant junk shops, the only storefront Episcopal Church (not Pentecostal) I've ever seen, the Catered Table restaurant and much else..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Quentin R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Really pleased with my experience here. My accommodation ("Nurse's Quarters") was even better than I'd anticipated. Furnishings and little touches all first rate. Overhead fans in both rooms of the suite, and with windows that open I didn't have to use the (portable) A/C unit despite 80-degree temps outside. I didn't eat the breakfast (although it looked fresh and ample) but I did have coffee--and because I'm an early riser, the owner reset the coffee pot so it would be ready when I got up at 4 AM! The suite had a small sitting room/kitchen, although I didn't use the kitchen (microwave, refrigerator, sink, and basic tableware) plus a table for two and a couch. Bath towels were high-quality cotton. Live (thriving) plant in the suite! Wifi worked fine. Didn't miss not having a TV. Sat out on the porch before dinner one evening enjoying the lovely potted plants and the small-town quiet. In the winter the spacious living room would serve as a welcoming gathering-place. It's the little touches and the person-to-person interactions that matter so much. I will stay here again next year when I come!

Room Tip: Suites/rooms are all described on the website so you can get just what suits.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MotherRobinMontana
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel was beyond expectations and the location in Stevensville, the accomodations, the owners were just the best, we could not have been more pleased.The room was beautiful and tasteful, the tub was a jaccuzi... the hotel itself is a museum and a wonderful one at that.
This is a remarkable place!

Room Tip: this is a charmer! Totally wonderful spot and location...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 48Richard18
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We needed a little getaway close to Missoula. This was a perfect find! The property is well kept. It still feels authentic and historic, but not the least bit dingy. It was a quiet treat, exactly what we needed.
The owners take a lot of pride in their property and their business. They were so considerate to detail. I forgot my earrings, and she kindly called and offered to mail them to me. I received my earring shortly after. What stellar customer service! I'm looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: They have WiFi, but not TV or phones in the room. As a historical property this is 100% acceptable...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lori C
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Charming, historic building with lots of beautiful antiques and lovely gardens. The breakfast was good and they even provided gluten-free options when asked. The only reason that I haven't given them an excellent is that the baseboards and picture frame in the bathroom were very dusty, and that is a very basic attention to detail that should not be overlooked.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank peglegdebs
Kaysville, Utah
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Spent a lovely night in the "Nurse's Quarters" on 9/13/2013. A lovely building with 100+ years of history, lovingly restored and cared for that is very homey. The owners were very personable, yet never "hovered", which I appreciated. Our room upstairs was spacious and quite comfortable. The updated bathroom is very refreshing; every detail thought of, it seemed. No TV in the room was actually very nice for a change, and sitting on the full porch surrounded by beautiful flowers and watching the sunset was more relaxing to us! Will definitely stay again when the opportunity arises!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank VJBriggs
Lititz, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 July 2013

You should not miss this experience if you are in SW montana. An old old hotel with all the old building fixtures but updated with modern shower and jacuzzi, king bed, wonderful bedding, towels and cloths very plush, complementary breakfast, and NO TV!! The wrap around porch with rockers is a plus.Internet connection in grand living room for all to use.What a great experience.Ask for the Dr Rennick Room.In the old days this was the local hospital so all the rooms are named for hospital rooms.Stevensville is the oldest city in Montana when settlers came out west.

Room Tip: Suite downstairs, King room also downstairs. others upstairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MREDJR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
Bitterroot River Inn & Conference Center
Townhouse Inn of Hamilton
Motel 6
Motel 6
#6 of 6 in Hamilton
Trapper Peak Outfitters & Guest Lodge
Bitterroot River Bed and Breakfast LLC
Time After Time Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Stevensville Hotel? Share your experiences!