“These guys rock!”

Swan Mountain Outfitters Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Swan Lake
More attraction details
Owner description: Swan Mountain Outfitters offers summer wilderness pack trips, float/fishing trips, llama treks, custom trail/wagon rides and guided hunting trips in and around the Bob Marshall Wilderness. They also hold the horseback concession contract in Glacier National Park and offer trail rides from four locations in the Glacier area: Apgar, Lake McDonald, Many Glacier and West Glacier.
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I needed to find a private ride to beautiful spot so that I could propose to my girlfriend, and if we could have a picnic as well, that would be great. I called all the outfitters in Glacier and none would even try to work with me, but finally I found Pat and Swan Mountain Outfitters and he said he knew a beautiful place and that he could arrange everything. I was in Houston at the time, and when we arrived I was hoping for the best, but Pat and his guides EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS! We rode to this beautiful waterfall in the mountains and the guide set up our amazing picnic while I popped the question. It was a perfect day, and I couldn't thank these guys enough. If you want to go on a real ride and see the beauty of Montana, use Swan Mountain Outfitters!

There are newer reviews for Swan Mountain Outfitters Day Tours

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We enjoyed a 2 hour morning fall ride on the McDonald lake trail. The horses were easy and enjoyable, scenery was fabulous and we would do it again. Two thumbs up.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Swan Mountain Outfitters handled the "saddle" portion of this Wild River package and the job they did was first rate. Teaching a 59 year old has-been how to stay on a horse is not easy, but Derrick, our wrangler, did a fantastic job from start to finish, even sharing his "birthday" huckleberry taffy! If one finds themselves in the West Glacier region and they have an opportunity to partake in an adventure that Swan Mountain is involved with, go for it; you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Where to begin? This was such an amazing trip from start to finish. My 13 year old daughter and I took a 3 day trip into the Bob Marshall Wilderness with Swann Mountain Outfitters. Everything exceeded our expectation from the horses to the camp to the food to the fishing. Our guides were second only to the sublime scenery. We rode in 14 miles to a wonderful camp where dinner was prepared and spent a beautiful evening by campfire. The tents were great with cots and wood burning stoves. Dinner was excellent. the next day we rode into the Bob Marshall and went fly fishing. The lake was pristine with tons of fish. Dinner at camp was wonderful and I was greaful that Betsy the mule carried my wine up the mountain for me!

Both my daughter and I felt like this was so memorable. Hats of to Katie, Shawn and Gini for fantastic guiding and food. Run don't walk to the "Bob" with Swan Mountain Outfitters.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

We took the all day horseback riding tour to Cracker Lake. Paul was our wrangler. Wow, wow, wow! The whole crew at Many Glacier Swan Lake Outfitters is top notch - friendly, helpful, knowlegable, etc. My friend had not ridden a horse in many years and I had never ridden as long as this eight hour trip would be. It was amazing! The scenery was spectacular. Paul stopped about half an hour to hour into the ride to check everyone's horse and equipment. He was constantly watching out for the whole group, asking how everyone was doing and was quite knowlegable about Glacier and particularly about horses. After talking to some fellow campers who hiked to Cracker Lake, even though my bum was a little sore (not too bad) the next day, I was quite pleased with the mode of transportation for arriving at this beautiful place! If you are not afraid of horses, I highly recommend this trip - I can't wait until my daughters are old enough to take on this trip!

1  Thank meklein