“Great trip”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Thompson Falls
Albany, New York, United States
“Great trip”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

had a great visit back home. hotel was clean and the customer service was great. Everything you could ask for in a tiny town. I've stayed at nicer hotels and had less amenities - for example, the Hilton doesn't have refrigerators in the rooms. It was a friendly place and I'm glad I stayed there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Lucas V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I first had the opportunity of staying at this motel in the fall of 2011 while taking a different route back from a business meeting in Missoula to Seattle. This a family owned place run by a couple who provide very personalized service without being intrusive. It is not a luxury establishment that one would find in a large city but is very clean with large, comfortable rooms. They come complete with refrigerator and microwave which is important since the motel is located in a small, rural community with limited restaurant options. The scenery is awesome and the nearby fishing is excellent. I enjoyed my stay so much that I repeated the process and returned in the fall of 2012. I hope to visit again and would highly recommend this motel to anyone looking for a pleasant lodging experience in a beautiful rural area where accomodations are few and far between.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Chris H
FallsMotelMT, Owner at Falls Motel, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
What a pleasant surprise to receive this glowing review of our motel. We very much appreciate our customers! When we get these positive comments we know we're doing something right. We look forward to seeing you next time you take the "other more scenic route" back to Seattle. What many people do not know is that Mt. Hwy 200 through Sanders County parallels I-90. There is a mountain range in between. It does make a nice, though slower, route to travel - but the scenery, potential to see wildlife, the charm of the rural communities are worth the drive. Thank you again and we'll see you next time!
Shelby, Montana
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I wanted to take a different road then I happened upon this motel. Quite a little gem in 'backwoods america'. The owners (husband and wife) made me feel like an old friend. The notel has large rooms and although it is older than most...it is very clean and lost of room to move around. The husband suggested I take the walk south across a foot bridge to an idland in the river behind the motel...I sugggest you do the same...I will not spoil the surprise. A tip...it is located on a side street behind the Townpump.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Jim E
Sandpoint, ID
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I visited this motel to go do some fishing and found it to be much better than I expected. The room was very clean and included a microwave and fridge which was great. The couple running the motel was very nice and helped me to find good places to fish. One of them even called my room to warn me of ticks should I journey through the weeds and trees. Food and a bit of gambling was within walking distance so that was a big bonus. I will stay there again once Thompson River is open for fishing :-)

Lastly they are very pet friendly there and have a nice area to take dogs to run around and do their business.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank rparsons1000
FallsMotelMT, Owner at Falls Motel, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
We try to keep our guests informed about the area. We had gone hiking the weekend before and came across ticks - so it gave us the reminder to warn our customers who are coming here to enjoy the outdoors. We want all our guests to have a great experience during their visit.

Yep, we are dog friendly - but for those of you who are allergic, we also have rooms that are not dog friendly and we can guarantee that since we've remodeled our rooms, no dog (or other animal) has been in them. Just let us know!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review - it's always such a nice surprise! See you next time.
Salmon, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2013

The rooms were very clean! However the only thing I didn't like was the sink and mirrors were outside of the bathroom and we had to get up early but there is no light over the vanity and I didn't want to wake the kids so I did my make up in the with a little mirror while sitting on the toilet.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
FallsMotelMT, Owner at Falls Motel, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
How unfortunate! The room you stayed in does indeed have a vanity light, but the turn on switch isn't the easiest to locate in the dark - we apologize for that and for the inconvenience

We strive to offer all our guests a comfortable stay - which is why we've updated the rooms, have all new mattresses and work to keep them super clean.

Out of our 23 rooms, three of them have the sink/vanity in the main room - as was typical of older style motels. We've found that some guests love this - as others find them annoying. Please note all our vanities have proper lighting - and we use energy efficient light bulbs.

We hope if you return next year, that you will book early and request a room where the vanity is in the bathroom space. We would be completely happy to make this accommodation!
Colville, Washington
Reviewed 29 December 2012

My husband and recently stayed at the Falls to visit our grandchildren. the room was very clean, comfortable and spacious. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. I will stay there as I visit my grandkids in the future. Great place, highly recommend to anyone traveling to Thompson Falls.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Janie894
FallsMotelMT, Owner at Falls Motel, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
The holidays are best celebrated with family - so at the motel we try our best to accommodate any special requests that will make the celebration easier for our guests. THANK YOU for choosing us!
Colorado, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Katrina and Mark provide it all: comfort, convenience and cleanliness. Within walking distance to almost all of Thompson Falls' services and just a minute walk to the little island in the midst of the river. Enjoy the scenic bridge and the gorgeous surroundings as well as the comfort of your room with an extra tall shower. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Veronica S
FallsMotelMT, Owner at Falls Motel, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. It's great you noticed the shower head height. We want our customers to be comfortable, so in many of our showers we added extenders that make the shower heads about 7 ft high, so our tall customers don't have to bend down to get a good shower.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thompson Falls
#1 of 1 in Mullan
Rimrock Lodge
Rimrock Lodge
#2 of 3 in Thompson Falls

Been to Falls Motel? Share your experiences!