Falls Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Riverfront Motel & RV Park(Thompson Falls)(Great Value!)
US$89
Hotels.com
Lakeside Motel & Resort(Trout Creek)(Great Value!)
US$122
Travelocity
Little River Motel(Saint Regis)
US$66
US$59
Super 8 St. Regis(Saint Regis)(Great Value!)
US$80
TripAdvisor
US$89
Priceline
US$85
Wallace Inn(Wallace)
US$96
Big Sky Motel(Superior)(Great Value!)
US$97
All reviewssmall townpost cardfamily owned hotellocal parkrooms were very cleanfriendly and helpful ownersextra pillowsbed roomhunting tripwithin walking distancedvd playerreasonable ratesflat screen tvan upgradeplace to staygas stationwi fi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Normally I'd rate a stay such as I had here with two stars rather than four, but the three really nice and friendly people who I spent time with at reception went a long way to compensate for the challenges experienced during the stay.

The big problem was that their Wi-Fi internet was dysfunctional almost to the point of not working at all. I was on a working trip and needed to be able to spend time online, alas, this was almost impossible. But the staff were so helpful - even offering to lend me their own laptop if that would help, and doing all sorts of other thing to help solve the problem, that the problem was not as aggravating as it otherwise would. The even let me plug directly into their Wi-fi hub (same problem) and their router/box from the telco (same problem) and it seems the problem is more than something that could be simply solved by rebooting the boxes.

If, like me, reliable internet access is essential to you, you should call and ask them before booking this property. But if you can manage for a night or two with little or no internet connectivity, then that won't be a problem.

The unit itself was a classic typical older style motel unit. Small bathroom, separate handbasin area, etc. The bed was reasonably comfortable, and it seems the owners have done all they can to reasonably renovate the rooms.

There was one other aggravating problem though. The a/c didn't do much to cool the room. I had it on max all night long, but at 10pm and 11pm at night, it was cooler outside the unit than inside the unit, and again at 7am and 8am the next morning, it was still cooler outside than in.

This was the fourth motel I stayed at in four nights while traveling through NW Montana. The other three all provided breakfast; this place did not.

So, nice people, nasty Wi-Fi and aircon, average room, no breakfast. I'd certainly come back, but I'll call and check about the Wi-Fi first, I think. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
FallsMotelMT, Owner at Falls Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

GOOD NEWS! After much research, stress and work we've solved our internet issue. Seems a setting that worked just fine when we had the system set up was antiquated - new access codes had to be uploaded. Now our internet is not only functioning well the speed has increased significantly. Should you ever come back....you'll be able to get your work done. :-)

Furthermore, we've gone through every room and washed the air filters on our A/C units. Though we do this regularly, the extra hot summer has increased their use making it necessary to perform this basic maintenance function more often. Now the A/C is working and the units are cool. Thank you for the heads up and we apologize for your uncomfortably warm night.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Over the 4th of July weekend I traveled to Thompson Falls, Mt. We booked a room at the Falls Motel which was my first visit. We will definitely will be returning! The rooms were very clean and quaint and the staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. From flat screens, mini fridges, and microwaves in the room to the staff giving awesome recommendations for kyaking and hiking trails.

Room Tip: We booked room # 28 which has 2 queen beds. However, we did take a peak at their suite which was beautifully re-done with a fireplace and private patio.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
FallsMotelMT, Owner at Falls Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

You've hit on a couple items we find critical to our business for our customers: clean rooms & great customer service. Thank you for sharing our little secret with other TripAdvsior.com fans. We look forward to your future treks over the mountain to our woods.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Our annual pilgrimage on the bike brought us through TF. We always stay at the Falls motel. Katrina and Mark have built a wonderful little gem and honestly is one of the reasons we choose this route on the bike. This year we were fortunate enough to stay the new suite. What a treat, our own courtyard and impecibally clean and comfortable room. Thanks guys we'll look forward to seeing you next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
FallsMotelMT, Manager at Falls Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

We were so happy to have you back! Thank you for the compliment and great review. We truly did hope you loved the new King suite - so it's good to hear you did. We look forward to seeing you next summer on your annual ride.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We were traving around western Montana and decided to spend the nite in Thompson Falls. We went on-line and found Falls Motel web site. The web site was easy to use and we booked a room. The price was somewhat lower than we had been paying and our experience with lower priced rooms left us wondering what we would find. Our first impression wasn't good. The outside was in need of a makeover and I drive around the block a few times trying to make up my mind whether to look somewhere else. With no other lodging in site and two kids in the car I decided to take a chance. Was I suprised! The room was very large and very clean. New bathroom, floors, walls. The TV, refrigerator and plumbing were all new. Wi-Fi was available and the decor of the rooms was very pleasent. The owner was very pleasent and helpful with ideas for dining and local activities. With the exception of a brand new motel (with swimming pool) that we stayed in our first night on the road, we all agreed that this was our favorite room during our two-week trip. We were in Thompson Falls to visit friends of ours who had moved there from Chicago. Other of our aquaintances plan to visit them in the months and years ahead. We will gladly recommend Falls Motel To them.

Ross M.
Countryside,IL

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ross M
FallsMotelMT, Owner at Falls Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

We VERY MUCH appreciate that you took the risk and came on in.

It's true - our "curb appeal" needs some help. Since we purchased the motel we've spent time, money and energy in the inside of our rooms. We felt from the get-go that this was the first priority since it is where our guests spend the majority of their time. We want our guests to have clean, comfortable rooms so they can relax and focus on the reason they came to Thompson Falls (visit with friends).

Now that we're almost done with all the rooms, we've been turning our attention to planning how to transform the exterior so it reflects what's inside. Stay tuned...

Reviewed 27 June 2013

had a great visit back home. hotel was clean and the customer service was great. Everything you could ask for in a tiny town. I've stayed at nicer hotels and had less amenities - for example, the Hilton doesn't have refrigerators in the rooms. It was a friendly place and I'm glad I stayed there.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo