“Fantastic hotel and most friendly service”
Review of Sacajawea Hotel

Sacajawea Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Three Forks B&B and Inns
Muskegon, Michigan
“Fantastic hotel and most friendly service”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This is a beautiful, historic and friendly hotel in Three Forks, MT. There is no much to do do in Three Forks but my husband and I decided to stay here two nights since we were flying into Bozeman and our final destination was Yellowstone. From here we visited the Lewis and Clark Cavern State Park, the Madison Buffalo Jump, and the Headwaters Park. Rooms are very nice and well kept. Service is extremely friendly: they received us with complementary glass of champagne and hot towels. Our room was ready, clean and cozy, the amenities included Montana huckleberry chocolate (very fruity). They also bring continental breakfast to your room! and they don't charge any extra for this service. The building is very beautiful with great woodwork, furniture, paintings and black-n-white photos of the European pioneers in the area.
Their restaurant is excellent and their bar has outstanding food too. The staff also went out of their way to engage in conversation with us and gave us tips and information for attractions in the area. And they have this great water with fruits, spice, even vegetables that is so refresging in the lobby (one day we had cucumber-mint water, and another day, strawberry/orange). Kudos to all in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MxLx2011
Montana_Made_1, Manager at Sacajawea Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Hello,

Thank you for the great review! We are excited to hear you had a great time at the Sacajawea Hotel, and I am thrilled to hear the customer service was great. I will pass on the nice words to our staff. We do hope to see you again in the future.

Hillary Folkvord

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Cody, Wyoming
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Sacajawea Hotel is a beautiful classic Railroad stop hotel. It has wide porches and incredible period details like wood floors and wide moldings. We were greeted by smiling staff that handed us a lavender scented hot towel for our hands then exchanged that for a glass of champagne. When we finished enjoying the drink on the front porch a bell hop carried our bags to our beautifully appointed room. Modern conveniences with all the historic charm. The experience concluded with breakfast in bed as part of the room rate. If you're looking for a romantic get away this is the place.

Room Tip: There is no elevator in the hotel. We didn't mind the walk up to the third floor but it could b...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Montana_Made_1, General Manager at Sacajawea Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you so much for the great review! We really enjoyed having you at the hotel and I enjoyed speaking with you at dinner!!

I hope to see you back in the future.

Hillary
Washington
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Wow!
Our visit was over a year ago but it was so memorable.

We were greeted by open and friendly staff with warm clothes and sparkling wine to refresh us.

The dark woods and well kept grounds were matched by beautiful views- a step back in time.

Dining was sublime with an excellent cut of beef and delicious creative desserts and cocktails. From beginning to end it was lovely.

Note this is historic hotels so you're not getting large rooms but we had everything we needed. And were very comfortable. Service was excellent.

Enjoy the ambience in this lovely restored hotel

Room Tip: If size matters to you- talk to reservations about that and they will recommend. Lots of stairs to c...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Montana_Made_1, General Manager at Sacajawea Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted to hear you had a great time at the Sacajawea Hotel. We hope to see you again in the future!

Warmest regards,

Hillary Folkvord (General Manager)
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed at the Sacajawea Hotel for a conference. Loved the historic building--even the creaky floors (honestly). Felt very pampered during my stay: complimentary champagne at check-in, bathrobes and calming spray in the rooms, fireplace in the restaurant. Our lodging and meeting accommodations were top-notch. Really enjoyed the room-service breakfast every morning. Don't miss out on the Wheat Montana pastries and the yummy yogurt and granola. The local brews on tap at the bar downstairs were excellent. Hope I have the chance to return during warmer weather to ride the free bicycles around town!

Room Tip: I had a room on the street. Enjoyed the view of this little main street, but the snow plows were out...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Montana_Made_1, Manager at Sacajawea Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Denise,

Thank you for the great review! I am thrilled to hear you had a great experience! We hope to see you again in the future.

Hillary Folkvord
Great Falls, MT
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We decided on the long weekend to drive out of town and stay somewhere we have never stayed at before. Found this gem in a small town 2 hours from home. Hotel is only a 30 minute drive from Bozeman Mt. The service was top notch, from the moment we checked in till we left. Very surprised to see all the extra amenities (Lotion, toiletries, lip balm, pillow spray, chocolates, champagne at check-in, list goes on) Super clean room and common areas. First time we've had breakfast delivered to the room as part of the standard hotel price. We also ate at Pompey's grill, very nice see my separate review. Highly recommend for a romantic getaway or splurge.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank washmont
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 20 January 2014

OK, so you may think I'm a cretin, but usually I am not fond of "historic" hotels. Usually the walls are thin, the beds are creaky, and the bathroom is down the hall. But the Sacajawea is NOT that! Our room (including the bed) was very comfortable, and yes, the walls are a bit thin, but I thought they addressed that very tastefully by reminding us that we're in an old hotel and also offering earplugs. The bathroom is clean and has nice products and towels.

The hotel's outdoor porch is gorgeous with comfy chairs and late afternoon sun. The lobby is also nice and cozy for gathering with friends.

We were at the hotel for a wedding, and the food we ate was specifically for a reception dinner, so I can't comment on the regular menu service. Our meal was fantastic! Delicious beef, green beans, salad, etc. Everything was definitely presented nicely and was very delicious. There are several nice Montana microbrews on tap in the hotel bar. The bar downstairs has a little less selection but is definitely a rockin' fun place to hang out--much more like local small-town Montana bars, which are really fun.

So all in all, the Sacajawea Hotel makes me rethink my aversion to historic hotels. It was classy, clean, comfortable and an all-around great experience. And if you're the type who already loves historic hotels, you're in for a treat here.

Room Tip: If you pick a top floor room, you wouldn't hear any footsteps creaking above. And, apparently so...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Columbia Falls, Montana, United States
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed at the Sacajawea Hotel two years ago and was amazed at that time at how wonderful it was. I recently returned to Three Forks, Montana passing through from West Virginia to my home in Whitefish, Montana. I checked into the Sacajawea and was greeted with a glass of champagne and the most beautiful smiles among the staff. Traveling as one I booked the smallest room at $105.00 and the amenities were perfect in keeping with a New York City Hotel. I went to the bar downstairs for dinner but was allowed to order from the restaurant menu upstairs. I must say that the dinner was one of the best I have ever had on the road. I had the Halibut with Green Beans and Potato Cake as well as a cup of French Beef Stew which was out of this world. The Halibut, which is one of the few fishes I cannot master to cook, was the best I have EVER had! Important to note is that breakfast is served as room service. You must put your order in the night before and it is delivered to your room. There is no service in the dinning room for breakfast.

As a side-note, Three Forks, Montana is of great historical significance in that it is the site of the headwaters of the Missouri River. The Missouri is formed here by the combination of the Jefferson, Madison and the Gallatin Rivers which surround the Sacajawea Hotel. Lewis and Clark arrived at this site on July 25, 1805 and named the rivers and saw the Rocky Mountains for the first time.

The Sacajawea Hotel is well worth driving out of your way and to spend a half day or so just seeing the rivers and the formation of the Missouri. The word "confluence" means "happy beginning" an this earthly spot is surely one.

Room Tip: Stay on second floor on Friday and Saturday nights if you want to avoid music from the entertainment...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
#2 of 2 in Three Forks
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 4 in Belgrade

Been to Sacajawea Hotel? Share your experiences!