“problems, but I would stay there again”
Review of Mustang Motel

Mustang Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Mustang Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Townsend B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The rate was cheap and I slept well, although the fridge and coffee makers did not work and the faucets/plumbing had issues. There was only one electrical plug for the whole room, and it was hidden behind the TV. They had used a power strip to offer a few more outlets but the power strip seemed to be broken and worked only part of the time.
Par for the course for cheap older Montana cinderblock motels, and in fact better than some I have stayed in.

Room Tip: There's less noise from trucks on the highway on the back side of the motel. But train noise is...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Stayed here with my cycling group while passing through Montana. I really didn't know what to expect from a motel in such a small town. The hotel is nothing fancy, but the prices reflect that so to be fair, i can't compare it to a pricier place. The room was quite a bit larger than i had expected, which was nice. Everything was clean, the coffee in the room offered real cream(!) and there were some interesting little antiques decorating the room. i had reserved a no-smoking room but when i arrived the desk clerk told me the air conditioning had failed in the non-smoking rooms and offered to let me see how bad the smoking rooms were. The smoking room was awful so i said i'd rather have a non-smoking room without air conditioning than a smelly room. Then she explained that they had some non-smoking rooms, with air conditioning, but since they had two beds, i would have to pay $4 more. She apologized for this, but i was so happy to pay it and have a non-stinky room with air conditioning, i would have paid much more!
Our group had dinner in the local school. The meal was cooked and served by staff from the school. They were some of the nicest people i met in Montana and it gave me a soft spot for the town and the whole state!

Room Tip: The rooms with two beds are much larger and the one i had was further from the road. I think the ro...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2013

On January 17, 2013, I was visiting my dying mother. Needing a room for a night, we went to the Mustang Motel to get a room. We requested a room in the back portion of the motel, which used to be Lake Townsend Motel. We got a key and went to go get some dinner. Upon arriving back at the motel, we went to our room and unlocked the door (room 212). Low and behold, there was a naked man in bed, we woke him up and he sat up--poor us, and poor guy. Don’t know how one could get back to sleep if that happened to me!!!! Anyway, we walked to the front counter and said, we want another room, there seemed to be a Naked Man in the last one. We were given a key to Room 122. The cost of this room was cheaper than what I had paid, but I wasn't about to argue at that moment, since we just needed some rest! No naked man in this one. BUT at 2:00 a.m., the alarm clock went off at full volume AND we couldnt figure out how to shut it off! So we yanked the cord until it was unplugged. In the morning, the used coffee filter was still in the pot along with some old, cold coffee. Really? I also notices the toilet ran every 10 minutes and the shower had 6 inches of water standing when I finished my shower. I planned to tell the front desk this info but when I went to turn in the key, a man was on the phone. I waited, and waited, and waited...for 15 minutes. I planned to tell him the maintenance issues with the room we had so he could fix them and inform him to ensure the maids cleaned the coffee pot and ensure the alarm is OFF on the clock. Also, how inappropriate that we were given a key to a room already occupied. AND that there was a price difference between what we paid for and what we got. Townsend is my hometown and it disappoints me that we had such a horrific time. We just needed rest and it became a nightmare experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank hclews

Been to Mustang Motel? Share your experiences!