“Exceptional Establishment”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Trout Creek
Superior, Montana
“Exceptional Establishment”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

On the weekend of June 15th, my wife and I held our daughter's Wedding Reception at the Lakeside Motel & Resort' in Trout Creek Montana. Our daughter had attended a two Wedding?receptions here. My Wife and I hadn't and didn't know much about the place.
I have to say, without a doubt it was the greatest decision we could have made for our daughter's special day. The place was incredible. The entire time we were there, the staff, including the owners to the help' bent over backward to make our event amazing. they catered to our every need and request. John and Julie, the owners we're extremely nice. Our daughter, and her new husband had the time of their life's. I highly recommend that anybody who needs beautiful scenery, plenty of motel, cabins, and space to hold an event, and incredible prices to boot, look to John and Julie Harris at the Lakeside Motel & Resort in Trout Creek Montana. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The Cabins are amazing.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sandpoint
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I stay at this motel quite regularly. i brought my mom out here a few years back and have been coming here a long time. My children grew up in this area so when I come to town for a day or two it feels like home. John and Julie are great hosts. It is a great place to stay. The rooms are very very nice and clean. The scenery is fantastic.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ellen I
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We spent the night in the cabin with friends. It has very cute lodge decor. The place is very clean. The grounds are beautiful and serene. The owners are on site and ready to help make your stay pleasant. They even stock the fire pit with wood for a campfire. It's a wonderful little lakeside retreat

• Stayed May 2013
Montana
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The Lakeside has added a lounge to their hotel and it is a welcome addition. My wife and I went up to Noxon Reservoir for a recent walleye tournament and the signup and awards dinner/benefit auction was being held there. We were surprised to see that the conference area of the hotel had been remodeled into a spacious lounge. The owners were there working both nights that we went and are very personable. They don't have a menu yet but are working on it, although they did have had a pig roast and buffet set up for the event. The food we had was great and reasonably priced, so I hope that they will continue those trends when they open a kitchen of their own. The beer was cold and the view and lawn out back were both great. Would recommend this place highly to anyone!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MT_SnoMo
Reviewed 27 May 2013

After reading Connies review "Nothing to rave about" i simply had to write a review....This place is so beautiful, the owners John and Julie are some of the most down to earth people you could meet...the note that connie said was behind the cupboard door was simply a cleaning list for the staff...we have been coming for years, please treat yourself to a wonderful stay at the Lakeside...You will love it too.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank baerngoo
Kalispell, Montana, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My husband and I decided it was just time to get out of town. So headed out and had no special plans. We just knew we wanted to get away. What a wonderful place we found in Trout Creek, Montana. John & Julie Harris are the proud owners of "Lakeside Motel and Resort" and they should be. What a beautiful location along the Noxon Reservoir and the Clark Fork River. We were fortunate to get a suite and what a beautiful suite it was. Full kitchen with all the amities of home. All the details in that suite were done to perfection. The best part was the Jacuzzi. My husband and I had a wonderful stay and I know we will be back and hopefully many more times. Oh ya, I almost forgot the Lounge and Gift Shop is taken care of with the same kind of love that they have with the resort. Employees were fun and very tentative to their customers. The price of the night stay was "Excellent" We will be back!!! Thank You John & Julie..

Room Tip: Come early enough and stay long enough to check the Clark Fork River out along with the beautiful ar...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stopped at this little town for the night on our way through. The only place to stay was a small cabin here. I have to say for $150 per night, it was not worth it. The cabin is cute enough but the shower was terrible and if I plugged in my hair dryer it would trip the whole system and everything would go off. The wifi doesn't work either and the front desk doesn't offer any help in this regard. They pretty much had a "take it or leave it attitude". The blinds on all windows were so terrible that we were woken up by the light at 5:30 am. They leave notes in the kitchen that you should make the beds and do the dishes before you leave.... really?!! I would not ever stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Connie W
Johntharris, Owner at Lakeside Motel & Resort, responded to this review, 3 March 2016
Competitors friend or relative never stayed at our properties Connie W. We are booked usually a year in advance and have a waiting list. We do not leave notes in our rooms to have our customers do the dishes or make the beds. During our customers stay housekeeping cleans the room and makes the beds, dust and vacuum Unless a door tag No Housekeeping!
If the blow dryer kicks off the breaker or GFI, customers usually have called us an we check every thing out, replace what is needed! We have never been told the blinds were bad in our cabins, customers will call us if they break them , we replace them. House keeping checks the blinds to look for damage or faulty parts! We document our complaints to correct any problems no complaints on blinds or hairdryers. Yes, we have had problems from time to time on WIFI but always try to get it back up. A WIFI hot spot is in our restaurant on the property. Our son passed away in the spring but we always tried to address or had the staff correct, all or any situation that would arise!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trout Creek
#1 of 2 in Thompson Falls
Rimrock Lodge
Rimrock Lodge
#2 of 3 in Thompson Falls

Been to Lakeside Motel & Resort? Share your experiences!