“Great Vacation Spot”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Troy
Kootenai River Outfitters
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed in one of the cabins and it was absolutely great. The location was perfect, ideal for a peaceful getaway and lots of hiking in the area. It was lovely to come back after a day out to such a comfortable place. Robert and Jeanie are great hosts. They are dog friendly which allowed up to bring our dog which was really fun. Every evening on the porch we watched an osprey searching for dinner....would definitely go back again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jennifer S
There are newer reviews for Kootenai River Outfitters

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay in KRO's Cabin 1 - a truly authentic log cabin with beautiful wood carvings and the most incredible view down the river and a lovely jetty to fish from. The owners really went above and beyond - I mentioned when booking that we hoped to be able to kayak on the river and when we arrived, they had left a kayak at the cabin for us. They also provided fishing rods and a selection of Robert's very effective flies (which contributed enormously to our first fish being caught within three minutes!) It is a truly magical spot, incredibly peaceful and beautiful and certainly worth the journey to get there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thurloe
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Cabins at the Kootenai River Outfitters was the perfect vacation spot. If you enjoy nature and the outdoors this is the perfect place for you. We were able to see elk in the yard every morning and night. Eagles flew overhead every day. Fishing on Bull Lake was awesome. We stayed in cabin #3. The kitchen was fully equiped and the cabin was spotless. I would highly recommend anyone looking for the perfect getaway to stay to stay with Kootneai River Outfitters. We are looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

If you are looking for the most perfect cabin on water in the woods in beautiful Northwest Montana this is the place without question. We have stayed at many cabins & B&Bs in this area in the past 15 years .It is truly special. Our cabin # 3 is private - beautiful montana style - looks out on gorgeous Lake creek with a incredible view of the mountains. What more could you ask for.

Room Tip: Cabin #3 was perfect but all the cabins are great!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Usually I am to lazy to do any type of review, but for this cabin I have to give it a 5 star praise and hope others get a chance to experience bliss.

I went to cabin 3 from June 2nd through the 5th 2014 with my family and family friends. The cabin is awesome! Clean, a modern hook up if you want to have a lazy day. The view from the deck to the stream was great. I fished right from the bank and caught 6 fish (the stream was running really high and fast) so I was surprised I was able to catch a 14 inch bull!

I hiked from the cabin to Cowell Creek falls!!! It's a must see. I'm a rough outdoors guy so I stead of driving to the lake I took the raft and paddled to the lake. I saw moose, Bald eagles, osprey... Beautiful scenery!

Props to Robert(if I remember the name correctly) who stopped by and fed us all the knowledge of the area. He was very friendly and very accommodating.

If you want a nice getaway that allows you to be in nature, but not hard to get to (20 min from Troy and 1.5hrs from sandpoint ID) then please give this place a try. I will be making a return as soon as life permits me the chance.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jayferg86
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Star-filled sky and peaceful water flowing outside your door; the cabins at KRO couldn't be in a more beautiful setting! Robert and Jeanie are great hosts and couldn't have taken better care of us. The cabin was extremely clean and comfortable. Kayaking Lake Creek and Bull Lake from the cabin was so enjoyable, especially when the River Otters joined us! It's a great place for couples or families/friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbi K
Reviewed 31 August 2013

These cabins are worth at least double what it costs to stay right on their private water. We liked them so much we decided to spend a fourth night instead of going somewhere else. Imagine casting a dry fly right up to an over hanging bank and WATCH the cutthroat trout sip your fly as if they had done it a thousand times before.

We explored almost the entire ranch during morning or early evening hikes with deer and wildlife everywhere. The first spot I fished had an eagle sitting across the stream in the highest tree just watching me fish.

We also spent a day floating the Kootenai with Robert and boy does he know the river!!! It is a huge river and if you didn't have a guide it would be very difficult to fish. We were served a shoreline lunch that hit all of the right buttons. Make sure you eat the cookies!!!He also suggested several other places to fish that we would have never known about without his suggestions.

If you don't plan to spend at least a couple of nights at the cabins you will certainly miss out why Montana is such a magical place. I can't wait until next summer when I can again come to this little bit of paradise. I also can imagine how much fun cross country skiing would be over all of the ranch property.

Thanks to the Winstrom's for being such great stewards of my new found piece of paradise..

Thanks

Hooper.

Room Tip: Ask for cabin 3 if you want to be closest to the river. You can't go wrong with any of the 3 ca...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Venture Inn
#3 of 6 in Libby
Caboose Motel
Caboose Motel
#4 of 6 in Libby

Been to Kootenai River Outfitters? Share your experiences!