“Slow with average food” 1 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Slow with average food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Took over an hour for our steak which was prepared as ordered. No special seasonings. Baked potato was over cooked and stale tasting. Staff friendly and apologetic.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

“Very good but $$$”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Very good but a bit pricey for a small Montana town....My Rib Eye was cooked as I requested, but $23.95 for a 12 oz. I could have bought 3 at Costco for that price. Wife got a 1/2 order of ribs for $20.95...boiled, then grilled.....$29.00 for a full rack of ribs??? Hell, I can buy the pig for that. Food was good, atmosphere...average...VERY noisy since there was a Birthday Dinner going on....
Zaget numbers: Food: 7, Atmosphere 6, Service 7, overall 7.......

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Average prime rib”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stopped there with friends for a special night out of wine and steak. The restaurant is moderately expensive, with steaks in the $20+ range. The price was what we expected, and we expected excellent service, great food and good atmosphere to go with it. Our server did not give us much attention, the prime rib was not medium rare as ordered and had large sections of fat that had to be cut off, The atmosphere was ordinary steakhouse with tables and booths. We were all disappointed that the steakhouse did not deliver as promised. We surprisingly liked the steak at Ape Hangers in Florence better.

Visited July 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“"Gotta Love Montana!!!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Lizzie (grandaughter) and I were visiting our friends Jimmy & Christina McH from Hamilton MT. Jimmy knew I craved a great hunk of Montana beef and said; "We're going to Victor Steakhouse and Lounge in Victor, you'll love it!" He wasn't kidding. The food is fantastic. I, of course, had a steak with all the trimmings and it was one of the best steaks I've ever had. Restaurant has atmosphere and plenty of room. It gets busy though, so if you aren't fond of crowds go early. Crowds don't bother me and it only makes the steak desire grow. OK, so I'm only speaking for myself. The service is exceptional with some of the nicest folks I've ever met. Kelsy was our server and she was outstanding. If your looking for a great steak, it's Victor Steakhouse and Lounge. Believe me, "Ya gotta go!!!"

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best steaks within hundreds of miles.. Just plan for a long stay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

We have eaten at Victor steakhouse on numerous occasions. Without a doubt they have the best steaks I've ever had. Always cooked to perfection with amazing flavor.

The problem with the restaurant comes to the wait time. We are always seated promptly, but if there are even a few tables seated they just can't seem to get the food out in a timely manner. We went on Father's Day most recently and we were there for literally 2.5 hrs. It's as if management forgot that dads enjoy steak. They're scared to over staff I suppose. Even on a non-holiday we've waited nearly an hour for our food to arrive after being seated.

If you're ok with the wait, the steak is as good as you'll ever have.

• Visited June 2013