“Gem of a place close to the park!”
Review of Evergreen Motel

and 1 more site!
Evergreen Motel
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review awaiting sleep after a lovely day, from a room in Evergreen Motel. It's a real gem nestled in this lovely town close to the western entrance. Microwave, mini fridge, wi-fi, flat tv with a list of channels and all this at a very economical price and most importantly the quality is very satisfactory! Highly recommend this place to stay overnight or for multiple nights during your trip to Yellowstone National Park!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our first anniversary in February. The room was clean and cozy with a lodge feeling to it. We rented the king size room. The room had a microwave and fridge in it. No coffeemaker, but you can get fresh made coffee in the lobby during business hours. The room was well maintained, but small. It was perfect for our romantic get away. The owners go out of their way to make you feel welcomed, for example we had a handwritten note congratulating us on our first anniversary with a nice pastry to share. We had a great stay and look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Choose a King Size room or a Kitchennette for the extra space. If you need coffee before the lobby i...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just checked out of the hotel a few days ago. This was probably the best motel I have stayed at in a long time. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and was decorated to be "cabin like". It even had a couch to sit on which is nice. It was cozy and a great place to go after touring Yellowstone all day. Everyone at the front desk was helpful with information about Yellowstone and the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We booked 3 nights in this motel not only for its convenient location (West Yellowstone) but also because it has very good reviews in Trip Advisor. And we were not disappointed. The staff/owners are friendly and efficient; the rooms are small but very nice, cozy, clean, well kept. The bathroom is small but ok. Amenities were minimal (shampoo, soap, make up remover), but we were ready with our own. I am sure that if we would have needed anything, the motel staff would have provided it (it's a motel after all).
The only inconvenience we experienced was the level of noise in adjacent rooms. The motel is close to a major street (Canyon, which is actually 191 and runs north-south), but once we closed the windows, no more annoying traffic noise. However, we were able to hear every time any of our neighbors would use the bathroom, take a shower and, believe it or not, one of them snoring (?!). Thank God I always carry two sets of earplugs just in case, so the inconvenience was solved. However, it did make us think that the walls must be thin enough to hear noises from adjacent rooms and/or they need some noise isolation treatment if that is possible.
Other than that, they make very good coffee all day long and have small pastries for those with a sweet tooth (like me). I recommend this hotel for all the reasons above mentioned and their price is unbeatable too.

Room Tip: Bring your earplugs and problem solved. Do try their coffee in the morning. There is a great place...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked the Evergreen Motel based solely on reading Tripadvisor reviews and a very attractive nightly rate. There weren't many "fancy" choices in West Yellowstone and a more traditional motel experience seemed to be in order given the rustic surroundings. I am so glad I stayed here! I literally came from the Four Seasons Jackson Hole to this property and had a wonderful stay at each place. The people at Evergreen clearly care about their property and totally "get" the hospitality industry. There was a handwritten note welcoming you to your room and the service was fantastic. The cookies in the lobby are delicious and evidence that it is the small things that make a big difference.

This is an old motel and looked like something out of a movie. You park your car right by your front door! This was the first time in forever I have actually had a real key for the room so it was kind of fun. The rooms are completely modernized and updated. Whoever did the renovations should win an award for maximizing an older property. Everything was well done and it had just the right touches. A nice western/forest/evergreen theme played nicely throughout the room. Everything was incredibly clean and well organized.

If the crew from Hotel Impossible (my favorite show) need an opposite example of a place getting it right on a budget, look no further than the Evergreen. Fantastic value, service, and a comfortable stay. I would choose this place in a heartbeat and just drive back to Yellowstone rather than stay at the lousy Old Faithful Inn, where I stayed after leaving the Evergreen.

Room Tip: It was quiet in West Yellowstone when I visited but I imagine being farther in (away from the road...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on the stellar reviews on various travel sites. I'm very glad I did. My wife and I stayed here for a few days while hiking in Yellowstone. Obviously, the location and access is great for the N/W/S parts of the park. This hotel is run by a couple and they do a great job. The hotel is clean, tidy, quaint, and fits the environment well. The owners are very helpful in regards to ensuring one's stay is enjoyable. They even loan bear spray (a must if you're hiking in bear country). Stay here before all others in the area!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry B
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

This was the cutest hotel ever!!! We were welcomed to our room with a personalized hand written note. The style of the room is super cute and everything was of amazing quality - good beds, pillows, chairs, everything! So clean too!! The front desk was amazingly helpful as was the clean up staff the next day. The front desk answered all out questions and even had cookies for free. Loved our stay here!

Stayed: May 2014