“Great room at half the price of the chains!”
Review of Golden West Motel

Golden West Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Golden West Motel
Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Branch, Wisconsin
“Great room at half the price of the chains!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here with my wife and our boys for a couple nights of our two week fish/hike trip. I would say this was by far the best value we found during our two week vacation. The room was very clean and looked to be recently remodeled. The kitchenette was clean and completely ready for use - utensil, paper toweling, and even various condiments and microwave popcorn was stocked in the cupboards (I was quite impressed with that)! The microwave, coffee maker & stove were all clean & in great working order. This will be our first call when we head back to Yellowstone next year!

I would also add that the owners were incredibly gracious, helpful, and friendly. We endured some astonishingly bad customer service at other places during our trip. so it was refreshing to see it done correctly by independent, small business owners who care. Thanks, we'll be back!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank John S
goldenwest59, Owner at Golden West Motel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Shel and I would like to thank you and your family for staying with us in our beautiful area. The review is much appreciated. We would love to host your next stay.
Kurt & Michele

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Northfield, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great place to stay! Friendly staff, and one of the cleanest places I think I have ever stayed. There are a lot of things to do and see. It sure would be fun in the winter if you had a snowmobile! I will make it my spot to stay if I am in the area......

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Saint James, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Golden West is an awesome small motel that is neat, clean and locally owned. Your hosts, Michele and Kurt will give you the local scoop on where to eat and what not to miss in West Yellowstone. They exude Minnesota nice and will entertain you or give you your space, whatever your vacation requires. Be warned... there is no pool, no spa, no high dollar extras that the chain hotels offer, and that is fine with us. We are small town folk who only seek a clean room and friendly hospitality when we travel and we have definitely found that at the Golden West Motel. Say Howdy to Michele & Kurt from Jane & Odie when you visit!

2 Thank jane o
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

This motel is in the town directly next to the west entrance of Yellowstone. It is about forty dollars cheaper than any other hotel that is not booked to capacity. This place is family run and you can feel it. Of course because the rooms are so much cheaper than elsewhere you cannot expect the same quality as a five star hotel. But I assure you, when it comes to staying in Yellowstone, convenience and price are the priorities, not unbeatable amenities.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 504benjamina
South Lyon, Michigan
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We had another great stay at the Golden West. Snowmobiling was excellent, we met people in the shop that took us places that we could not have found on our own. Michelle fed us, great home cooked meals, two nights and would not accept any payment for the food. We needed to do some work on our sleds and they let us use their shop and tools, even provided assistance. Places like the Golden West are a very rare find.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Cthune
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have to agree with some reviewers that this is a very small simple place. After having researched many lodging opportunities in W. Y. and knowing that we were really only going to use the room to freshen up and sleep all I was looking for was a clean, safe and reasonably price motel. I guess I can't complaint about the Golden West in that respect. Kurt was nice to deal with over the phone when making reservations, but when we arrived we received a rather "cold" reception. With that being said, the room was very basic. King or queen bed, can't honestly remember but no headboard. Just the basic mattress up against the wall. Only one night stand so I had to use the only chair that was at the small table by the window.
I agree with previous reviewer - no soap in the shower dispenser and the bar soap is paper thin and made in "China". But it worked in a pinch and was replenished each of the four nights we spent here.
Each night the "Sorry" sign went on in the office window so it appears that they book a lot of last minute travelers.
Couldn't find an ice machine but didn't ask either.
Many "bikers" pulling out early in the morning but since we are early risers their engines didn't really bother us.
Again for the price it was just OK - and by the way the welcome bag or whatever that previous reviewers spoke about was nonexistent for us!

Milford, Delaware
Reviewed 15 September 2013

First, I regularly stay in Motel 6 and Super 8, so I am not a hotel snob. But if I were the owners of this motel, I would be ashamed and embarrassed to charge $100/per night. And I relied on the reviews on TripAdvisor when I booked this hotel. Terrible disappointing to read the glowing reviews and then see what the motel had to offer. When my husband & I walked into the office, we said "Hello, we are here to check in". No hello, no greeting, just "What's the name?" After we gave our name, the young girl gave us a card to fill out, not saying a word. Then handed us the key. Never said a work to us. This is customer service?!?! The bed was soiled, lumpy, very soft. The carpeting is dirty and old. And no soap in the dispenser in the shower so once in the shower, soaking wet, you had to get back out to find a tiny hand soap on the sink. And all this for the tidy sum of $100.00,

Room Tip: My tip, don't stay there.