“Whatever happened to customer service?”
Review of Golden West Motel

Golden West Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Golden West Motel
Ranked #31 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Coram, Montana
“Whatever happened to customer service?”
Reviewed 18 August 2009

This was the only trip we had for the summer, so we wanted it to be a good one. When I called to confirm our reservation, it is like I offended someone. Sorry, we know getting anything at the last minute in Yellowstone, is near impossible...especially on a weekend!
The owner checked us in, with little social interaction, just give me your money, and leave attitude. Meanwhile, the extra towels we requested at reservation time, were being ran out to the room by his wife. Great planning ahead...were we that important of a customer? The next day they forgot the extra towels again, so we just made due.
We seen on their website, they have patio, w/ BBQ grill to use. Totally not what we were thinking, right out their backdoor. What a mess! We cleaned it first, then used it...ONLY because we had bought our meat, and didn't want it to go bad.
Room was clean, but the beds are uncomfortable. Thin walls, so you heard the next door neighbors TV, or them talking. Very frustrating when you have to get up early, and drive the next day! If I treated my customers where I work like this, I wouldn't have a job!!!
I guess next time I'll listen to my husband...you get what you pay for!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank snowmoons

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Thousand Oaks
Reviewed 16 August 2009

My parents, aunt, and I (4 adults) stayed in the "Majestic Mountains Retreat" condo offered by the Golden West Motel (about 2 blocks from the motel on the main road in from the west). The condo was very clean and the bathrooms were nice. It was great to be able to make dinner and sit outside in the early evening and watch the sunset. The bbq was clean and worked fine. My only small complaint is that the towels and sheets are washed in the small washer in the condo and are not the type of white sheets and towels that are cleaned by a service (i.e. w/ bleach). Having said that the beds and towels seemed clean and the house itself was spotless. I would highly recommend this condo, especially for a group of 3 or more.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
ames, ia
Reviewed 17 July 2009

We just returned from a trip to Yellowstone and found the Golden West Motel to be a great place. The room was large, the beds comfortable and the bathroom clean. We got a good night's sleep after a long day in the park.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
WEST YELLOWSTONE
Reviewed 13 March 2009

Had a great snowmobile vacation in west. Our room was clean and smelled fresh. Staff was helpful with extra requests we had from extra towels to allowing us to work on a damaged sled in there shop.. And was able to sleep in without the bother or a housekeeping staff in the hallway talking or listening to a vaccum at 8 am next door! Yea we all know what I'm talking about!
I hope to visit west again and would stay at the Golden West and be comfortable there.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
Mountain Center, California
Reviewed 3 August 2008

Stayed July 2008.
This is an awful hotel/motel. From the check in being weird because where we checked in it was so tiny there was room barely for 2 people at the desk and it smelled awful like old dirty cigarette smoke.
Beware the bathrooms because they were moldy. We rented 2 rooms for 2 days and both bathrooms had mold in them. Didn't notice that until the 2nd day.
The toilet seat does not fit the toilet. Now that's fun.

Rooms were not clean and the blankets had holes in them.
It's not possible to make a phone call room to room or even to the office!
When we checked in the room, I found dirty wet used wash cloths hanging on top of the shower rod. Yuk.
The in room coffee pot was filthy and doesn't look like its ever been cleaned, and someone else's used coffee grounds left in it; I had to wash it out before using it.
No breakfast or laundry or a/c in rooms. No clocks. Have to ask for ice and it was a small sandwich size baggie of ice. There were portable fans in the rooms.
Office doesn't open until 8 am.
Second day we found the used coffee ground pads in the bathroom and the coffee pot still wasn't cleaned!
On the plus side, there was a small basket of items for each room. Like aspirin, mouthwash, toothpaste, etc.

4 Thank esorami