We were actually spending our Yellowstone vacation camping inside the park, but after the fourth rainy night in a row, we decided we needed a little break. While shopping in town, we saw this cute collection of cabins. We decided to check in for a night with warm showers and no rain leaking in our tent! First the location, just minutes from the park gate, was ideal. It's outside of the city center, so it was a quiet location, but just a few blocks from shops and restaurants. I got the impression that the hotel was new ... they seem to still be working out a few kinks. But the cabin we were assigned to was large and very clean. I have to say that maybe this was four days of camping talking, but the bathroom was the best part. Big tub, fluffy towels, cabin-style theming ... nicely done. The bedroom was welcoming with timber-rails lining the ceiling and two comfortable beds. The TV didn't work so great, but honestly, we didn't really want to watch it. My only complaint is that the lighting didn't seem to be quite worked out. A bedside nightstand would have made things more comfortable after we'd put the kids to bed. Or a floor lamp more intimate. It was a cold night, but the cabin stayed warm and cozy.
Housekeeping was evident, and when we requested more towels (we were very dirty), they were brought immediately. My husband said the front desk staff was friendly when they checked him in, even though we didn't have a reservation.
My kids were thrilled with the chance to stay in our own little cabin, so I'd stay here again for sure, even though it was a bit expensive. Even if you aren't doing much camping on your trip to Yellowstone, this place makes it feel as if you are having a rustic experience without having to give up a shower and toilet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hibernation Station is a luxurious log cabin resort located just blocks from Yellowstone National Park. Our cabins are all individually decorated, with Tapestry walls, hand made log furniture and goose down comforters on the beds. We have several different sizes and styles of cabins to choose from. Offering amenities to serve families and couples. Make us your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hibernation Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hibernation Station Hotel West Yellowstone
- Hibernation Station West Yellowstone, Montana