“Poor room value”

Hibernation Station
West Yellowstone, Montana
“Poor room value”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed only one night in family suite. Day temps in upper 80's these cabins do not have A/C but they do offer you a fan LOL. Also wi-fi is in seperate building. For $300 per night I could have booked a resort at disney. Feel that the room was poor compared to the fee. The internet said nothing about no A/C and not only for temp but for pine pollen really bad needed filtered air for allergies. Even every KOA cabin I booked on this trip has A/C. Feel like since I prepaid the room that I was robbed and nothing I could do about it. Also doors do not lock well and the laundry closes very early for those traveling.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeanne M
knock_out01, General Manager at Hibernation Station, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns during your stay. I would like to address a few of the items addressed. First allow me to apologize that your stay is not what you expected, we aim to please our customers. You are correct not "all" of our cabins are equip with air-conditioning units we do have some cabins with AC and are in the process of upgrading all of our units soon to have AC units. With the temps in West Yellowstone very seldom being above 75 there hasn't been a need for the units. The cabins are also very well insulated to hold in a cool temperature if the windows aren't left open during the day time hours. We also offer swamp coolers which are a lot like AC for the cabins that don't have AC units.
Due to the fact our cabins are log structures it is more complicated to get an internet signal to all our rooms therefore we have a very nice WIFI room offering free WIFI as well as computers for your use if needed. Again I do apologize your stay wasn't to your liking and we appreciate your suggestions.
The concern regarding pine pollen we are in the mountains and boarder not only a national forest but also Yellowstone National park, we have no control over the amount of pollen in the air, but do apologize this was a discomfort for your during your stay.
Last the rates for your cabin are very competitive in this area, there are many places that charge this rate or more for less accommodations. Your cabin was equip with a full kitchen, three beds one in a separate room and a fireplace, all of this in a cabin that is 890 square feet. Most hotel rooms or facilities are 420 square feet or less.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Syracuse, Utah
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Hibernation Station was such a good place to stay! My family had such a fun and great experience there. It was a nice, clean place to stay. Their staff was so friendly and helpful with anything we needed. I highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ryan W
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The cabin was very cute. Nice and clean and dog friendly. The staff was very nice and helpful. The grounds were very well done with a lot of visual treats. We would definately stay again. Easily accessible to and from downtown.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank linell l
Thank you for staying with us during your time here in West Yellowstone, we are glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and look forward to having you make Hibernation Station your home away from home in the future!
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2014

There were a few issues - items not working, the carpet certainly needed to be vacuumed when I arrived and never was the 3 nights I was there, etc., but you know what? The place was so fun and different and charming I just plain didn't care. I would stay here again, no question and I would (and did) recommend it to friends. There was a huge tub and a fireplace - both good for bringing my core temperature back up because it snowed every day I was there (in mid June!) No breakfast or meals of any sort, but there was coffee and tea - so that'll get you caffeinated enough to get to any of the numerous places to eat in town. I was scared when I arrived because the front desk person was on the phone with I assume a manager explaining all the rooms with problems, but another staffer checked me in and went out in the pouring rain to show me the cabin and how everything worked. Nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Carlisle, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I booked a cabin for four nights for a vacation with the kids in Yellowstone, expecting the cabins to be located if not in a wooded area, at least among trees. We were a bit disappointed to find out that this was far from being the case: the window of our cabin was facing the street, in front of a large hotel.
Beside the location, the cabin was fine.
Should I have another chance to go back to this town, I would consider other options.

Room Tip: Make sure that the cabin does not face the street.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My family and I have stayed at the Hibernation Station so many times I can't count. How could anyone say anything bad about them. We have never been treated bad. They have become like family to us. Our experience has been if we are not happy with something they get on it right away to make it right. No they do not have air conditioning in all the cabins but it always cools off in the evenings open the window and let the fresh air in. Fresh air would be good for a lot of us considering where we live in some of these big cities. We are all on vacation here so lay back and enjoy instead of trying to pick a place apart. We will be going back and every year that follows we will be back.

Room Tip: do your best to experience all the cabins they are all different as far as the décor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Woodruff, Utah, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We love this place!! It is absolutely beautiful! The cabins are so comfortable and fun to stay in. We marveled at the craftsmanship that was put into each one. It was clean and well kept and the staff were all so accommodating and friendly and made us feel very welcome. We will definitely return! Highly recommend!!

• Stayed August 2013