“lukewarm food and fair service”

Chinatown Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 18 June 2014

New to town, we drove by and saw this restaurant and hungry for Chinese food. We made it through ordering and were served soup. We knew it was not the right place as the soup was barely lukewarm .Our plates were brought and the food was lukewarm. We thought of sending it back for more cooking but the waiter had disappeared. Two girls behind the counter were too busy talking to notice us. The food did have a good flavor. Different from other Chinese food places---no hot tea served and no fortune cookies. We were still hungry when we left.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

There are 3 Chinese restaurants in West Yellowstone, MT. We have reason to believe that this restaurant is the worst one!

1  Thank Sean2008Wong
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Probably the most disappointing Chinese food I've ever had anywhere. Bland and flavorless. The service was very fast, but I'd prefer they take a little more time and make it worth eating.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I make it a point to eat here at least once every time I am in West Yellowstone. Sure, it's got the ambience of a double wide trailer, but I get seated immediately and served right away. Every staff member does his or her job exactly so the place operates like a well oiled machine.

I usually have Happy Family, a stir-fried combination of meat, seafood and vegetables that arrives sizzling to your table with a side of rice. This time the rice was a wee bit dry, but not enough to make a fuss over. It didn't take long before I was full, happy, and on my way.

A couple of notes: they must assume non-Asians don't know how to use chopsticks. You have to ask for them but you will pleasantly surprise them.
Also, alcohol is not served here. That is a real plus for me.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

You never know what you'll get from a chinese restaurant, especially when you're on vacation but Chinatown Restaurant was authentic Chinese food - great tasting and lots for your money